What is a good way to explain why getting mammograms every year and taking low doses of estrogen aft

CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

My mom always says 'yes, you are right I see we need to change our ways [eating, medicine, etc.] but when I told her mammograms were horrid, she said that she is at risk for cancer b/c her mom had it and since she has a benign lump she wants to check all the time.

And she is taking small doses of estrogen for hot flashes.

She does not take me seriously. Doesn't seem to want to see.

Comments

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I understand you so much.. I am the only one in my family who is concerned about health, blood tests showed that my mom has high cholesterol, so now she is taking pills for it, wouldn't listen that those are poison, and now as expected she is starting to have pains in her leg muscles and overall weakness.. my brother works for a hightech company that develops a software that searches and discovers side effects of medicines, horrid stuff that ever doctors confessed to them they had absolutely no idea about, even such info didn't convince my mom, I really hope someone else is gonna say something more positive but to be honest, I've given up.. you cannot help those who don't wish to be helped, there is only so much you can do for people, even if those people are people we love.

• Hi, I'd like to know the effects of mamograms as well- I have a strong family history of breast cancer, but had one mamogram and it really hurt a lot while it was being done, so I'm avoiding them. Are they really dangerous??

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Yeah, rawaholic gave some links to some really good videos yesterday, that's how I got thinking about it.

Radiation stays in the body. And the breast tissue is so thick that it needs a high dosage to photographe the breast, which is bad.

ok, I've been up since four thirty am, I cannot speak coherently anymore.. or spell, apparently.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Actually I mentioned it more firmly and she is now interested.

Is maca good for hotflashes?

• what about black cohosh?

my aunts, mom & grandma took it for menopause.