Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Experienced Raw People, Do you really get those famous results?

2»

Comments

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

I'm no expert so just some possibilities:

You lost 7 lbs in one month, you may need to eat more calories, and see how you feel.

Try to figure out how many your eating now for about 3 days, and the bump that number up by 200-300 for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

I would also get checked for b12, since your symptoms are similar to b12 deficiency.

I would do that as soon as possible and maybe even take a b12 supplement today!!!

Not trying to scare you and i don't know if you take b12 already, but we want to avoid any permanent damage.

hope that helps!!!

good luck

;-)

• Hi rawcanadian!! Actually....your were extremely correct!! thank you for your advice on the matter! I started supplements yesterday and am actually feeling calmer already! Other symptoms that I didn't list here such as memory loss kind of decided the matter for me and my doctors even before getting checked out. I really appreciate what you said! Just knowing that someone with the same ideals about this lifestyle gave me more support to get it checked! Thank yoou!!! :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Great, artist! So glad you got it figured out and are feeling better! :)

Swayze

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

What is 80/10/10 durianrider? I'm new to all this, thanks.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

The 80/10/10 Diet is Dr. Douglas Graham's book. The percentages refer to a minimum of 80% carbohydrates, a maximum of 10% fat, and a maximum of 10% protein. To achieve this, the diet consists of at least 80% of calories from sweet fruit (bananas, peaches, mangoes, grapes, oranges, strawberries, etc.), 2-5% of calories from tender leafy greens (romaine, iceberg, bib, celery, etc.), and a limited amount of fatty foods like avocado, nuts and seeds (about 1 oz of nuts on a 2000 calorie diet).

I have also seen Dr. Graham include non-sweet fruits like tomatoes and cucumbers (they are also mineral-rich) as part of the greens quota, but this is not stated in the book.

A typical diet plan consists of all fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner (as much as you need to stay satiated until the next meal), and then follow the dinner fruit meal with your greens and any overt fats. Some people also like to include greens in their breakfast and lunch meals. Bananas and celery is popular combo, especially for athletes.

You can find out more about Douglas Graham and his book at his website: www.foodnsport.com

Hope that helps,

Swayze

Thanks

• My Vision improved to the point where I passed my DMV Eye Exam the past 3 years, even on a cooked organic vegetarian or vegan diet most of my life I failed the eye exam but with RAW I passed and have proof on my driver's license! I didn't expect that to happen but RAW has many surprises and beyond just health...but mental clarity, joy, energy, anti-aging, spiritual, emotional, it also somehow attracts success too I think because you are connected to the abundance of the universe much like planting one seed will eventually become a orchard. You are also saving money, your health, saving yourself from hospital or doctor bills, avoiding having to go on meds, you are supporting organic farming and food, people tell me I look younger than my 38 years of age and I feel like I am 21! But to credit the success I had on RAW I have to recommend reading Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens MD and also his new The Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine because Gabriel Cousens is the REAL DEAL with research and real recommendations. All of my raw recipes are based on his books and work. I recommend everyone read both of those books in order to learn how to do raw correctly specifically for your body type and many other factors. But it is just as important to do Yoga, stretch, excercise because just eating pure raw organic food is good but you still have to walk, stretch, do some form of good excercise every day, to sweat and get the body moving...hope that helps! RAW is an adventure, a journey, for me it is my spiritual path and spiritual journey and one that I love to share with the world because I have seen the miracles, I have heard the stories, I have met and helped so many people, I love RAW it is my passion and it is the best. Every day for the past 15 years I have found out something new that RAW has solved, cured, reversed, prevented in the best loving healing ways possible. I have worked super hard everyday to try to make RAW mainstream, the next media diet, the next food trend I have my reasons for doing this I know not everyone agrees but I believe in RAW and feel it can solve 99% of the World's problems. And it can do it overnight if just more people ate more raw organic food it does not have to be like 100% everyone and 100% raw but just more people enjoying more raw food. It is a dream, a vision, a passion of mine and I also care about people and the planet, I want everyone to be happy, healthy and to share and support one another, what a wonderful world that would be...

Much love, light, blessings, bliss and RAW!

Eco Chef Bryan Au

An inspiring post Bryan!