My body does NOT like green juice???

jakkrabbitjakkrabbit Raw Newbie

Okay, so I've been having green juice every day for the past three days. Whenever I do, it hasn't sat well with me. I feel sick, my insides feel a bit scraped, I get a bit of a headache, and I basically just feel walloped. When I have juiced fruits or coconut cream or oat milk or anything else from my blender I feel fine - really good, actually. I thought maybe it was just bad food combining so this time I made sure to food combine it properly, and literally within a minute of finishing a glass of it I was in the bathroom with diarrhea and it pretty much came out the same way it went in. It's like my body just ejected it. The only new thing I'd added that wasn't in the past two days juices was a sweet yellow bell pepper. was I reacting to the bell pepper? But I've already been feeling bad from the green drinks...

Maybe I'm just not cut out for a high-greens diet and should stick to mostly fruit? I didn't even think I was having that much greens, overall - just half a head romaine lettuce, 1 cup of cucumber, and 2 stalks of celery.

I'm finishing my second glass of green juice right now and hoping it doesn't send me dashing back to the bathroom...

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

is it organic? sometimes non-organic greens and celery make me feel really awful.

• I read in a book that when it's blended it's too much food reaching your stomach too fast since it still has the fiber intact. It said juicing is better if the vegetable juice is mixed with water. I would like to blend my greens too but I feel a little unwell after also.

• jakkrabbitjakkrabbit Raw Newbie

Just the carrots. Can't afford organic. Although if it's just the lettuce and celery which are the problem, I think we might be able to find room in our budget for those two organic items.

I AM juicing - I blend everything and then strain it through a mesh bag to get just the juice out. I can't have straight blended salads, I live on a stomach tube!

• I understand now. Sorry about that. My book "The PH Balance" recommends mixing 3/4 water with 1/4 juice.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Pure green juice is VERY cleansing. I think that your body's reactions are not too unusual--especially if you're newish to juicing and raw. And since you're on a stomach tube, I bet your system is very sensitive. Even after a few years of raw, I think I would feel nauseous if I drank a big glass of juiced greens. Why not just mix greens with other fruits or vegetables? Or just have a small amount of green juice at a time.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

I did mix it with carrots, cucumber, corn, and bell pepper, but I was trying to follow the food combination charts and separate my smooothies into a subacid/acid fruit smoothie, a sweet fruit smoothie, a greens and neutral veggies smoothie, and then protein/nuts milks on their own. I also tried to follow sequential food eating since my stomach IS more sensitive ever since the tube; so I tried to have the most easily digestible stuff first. So I had my fruit juices first, then the green juice, then later in the day the the oat milk, and finally the coconut smoothie. The reason I had so much green juice at once (3 glasses!) is because I read that it should be drunk within 15 minutes or it will start to oxidize. So I was worried I had a certain time limit I had to finish it all in.

Maybe I just made way too much and really need to cut down to just one glass per day instead of 3? I seemed to handle the next two glasses okayish though and didn't have diarrhea from them, so should i just stick with the 3 glasses/day to allow for maxium detox?

Well, I'm not reacting to the green juice so much anymore so it must have been detox.