Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dates

2»

Comments

• Im also no athlete and hardly excersise much ,I mostly just get up and walk, I work too, standing up most of the time.

• I really love eating the buckwheat, I dont know why I think theres some kind of nutrient in there im craving for. Isnt buckwheat healthy?, I like it dehydrated!! Buckwheat has good nutrients too:O . I can mix it up with fruit make it into a cereal. I can go without eating for 6 hours, but I still eat when im not hungry. I eat fruit and veggies. Is that bad, I love raw foods so much, I want to get as much different nutrients as possible!! I just need some help on it:O, Thanks everyone for all your help so far. I like to learn new things on raw!! Im only 19 . To camiheartsraw, your meals a day sound really good and balanced. Id like to eat like that :O I hardly can find time to do it, I just really eat and go most of the time.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Well I hear ya on the time thing. I work a very full work week and then have extra stuff. I also have a chronic illness that drains my energy fast, but I committed to a raw diet and force myself to find the time. I feel better when I'm eating right, and it's worth carving some time out of my day to do so. Once you get used to the food prep, it goes quickly. The key is making sure to go to the grocery store and having a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables on hand. Nothing is faster than throwing a bunch of fruit in the blender and making a delicious smoothie.

Don't worry so much about weight. You could probably gain some pounds and people would still think you look great. You're going to start losing weight if you don't work more calories into your diet. You need to eat more - those calories wouldn't get a couch potato through the day.

Manna bread isn't raw. It's hard to have bread without a dehydrator.

A quick way to get more fat and calories into your diet is to make some guacamole for carrot slices and celery.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Yes, it's quite the touchy subject within the raw food movement, partly because one can lose their period for many different reasons (both good and bad). Even amongst low fat raw vegan women, many do not stop bleeding completely. All I know is that, for me, I'm always feeling and looking my best when I am not. :)

Swayze

• Does it effect our health at all, with out the periods? Can it cause disease or something?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

It's my understanding that bleeding/shedding the lining is our body's way of getting rid of toxins. If you are otherwise feeling healthy and do NOT have a bleeding period, I'd take it as a good sign (your body is pure, no toxins). But I'm not an expert. Just my opinion.

• I feel good, when I have no period. No pains nothing. im guessing it doesnt do anything. I just would like to know , by not getting your period do you stop growing ? Like growing taller?

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I agree with superfood2. If you feel healthy when not bleeding, then there is little reason to worry.

An important point to emphasize is the difference between menstruation and bleeding. Menstruation is completely natural; bleeding may not be. Just because you are not bleeding does not mean something is wrong. If you are no longer menstruating (i.e. you are not shedding the lining of your uterus about once a month), then this is a problem.