Crock pot and/or toaster oven with low temperature setting

RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I am looking for a crock pot and/or toaster oven that has a warm or low temperature setting within the acceptable range of raw. It would be great to be able to heat soups and veggies to 110 and not have to worry about overheating. If you know of any, please let me know the make, model, and where it is sold. I would totally appreciate it.

Comments

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Have you tried running soups through a high speed blender? They heat soups perfectly. Well perfectly according to raw food standards. I actually dont like eating things at that temp. I would prefer to make my porridges cold... not luke warm. It feels like such an odd temp for me. Even my soups I would prefer cold to just below cold.

Have you tried that method of blending...as far as toasting..... does a dehydrator not meet your needs?

Cheers!

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Thanks for your reply iliveyourdream. I am aware of using a high speed blender to heat the contents, but i am looking for something that is more precise. I would like to put contents in a crock pot early in the day, and have that warming up all day. If i knew the temperature of a crock pot then i would be confident that my food is not being heated above the raw level.

I can use my dehydrator, but I was thinking that having a smaller unit would warm quicker.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i don't know if a wet liquid at that temperature is "safe" meaning not likely to get poisoning. the reason the dehydrator works for somewhat moist foods is because it is taking the moisture out.

i would just heat the soup on the stove with a candy thermometer. it doesn't take long. soup sitting out all day just sounds gross to me.

• put water in the crock on low then use thermometer for a test