Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is your favorite fruit?

2»

Comments

• RawKidChef: approx how many cherimoyas come in a box from him? I spoke with him on the phone, and am confused as to whether he was talking pounds or number of actual fruit. It was a strange conversation. I liked him, and would love to buy from him, but I think I am going to split my first box with a friend.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

12-14 fruits in a box. a few of them are small but it's actually cheaper than what you can buy at other stores. I've never actually talked to him on the phone but always email. his fruit is really really good very worth it.

• Butterfly3588Butterfly3588 Raw Newbie

Hm never heard of permissons.. i have to look into that. I like grapefruit and honey dew

• Thanks, RawKidChef!

Butterfly - I *love* persimmons! I prefer Fuju to any other type, you eat them like an apple. I don't know that they're in season any more (here). I haven't seen them locally for a while.

• Dates. LOVE THEM!! just like candy. You can read up on facts about dates at my blog... here's the link!

http://myreallyrawlife.blogspot.com/search/label/Dates

I could literally eat 100 dates at once... they taste like "candy" to me :D

• Thanks RawKidChef for the link!! Im looking forward on trying them:)

wow 100 dates:O MM you can make a nice raw date cake.

I like blueberries too , and honeydew:D

• I LOVE Persimmons they are so sweet and juicy, almost like a fruit jelly candy:). Im craving one right now!!! But i dont have:(

• I love blueberries too. SAM's had organic blueberries 24 oz for $6.95.. I bought 6. Thanks 144 oz.

I think I might be a blueberry hoarder hehe

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

rawkidchef, 50 bux is a lot for cherimoyas! how many come in a box of them?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

12-14 fruits per box. usually they come for 5-7 bucks a fruit so it's relatively cheap.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Just found a couple of cheap boxes of sharon fruit at the local shop - YESSSSS!!

(My BF thinks I'm so sad to get so excited over fruit!)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Oh, I forgot about cantaloupe! Technically, it's musk melon where I live, but still delicious. There's a little fruit cart that sells em near my house during the summer so I just ride my bike over and load up! :)

I've actually never had figs. There's just something about them that grosses me out and I can't bring myself to try one. Maybe I'll drum up the courage this year...

Swayze

• mmmm.... I forgot about figs. I eat a ton of them in the fall.

• :O All this fruit is delicious!!! It would be great to make a raw fruit ice cream.

Can you make a raw banana ice cream through the food processor?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yep, just freeze chunks of banana overnight then whizz them in the food processor with whatever else you fancy.

Last night I made a banana/sharon fruit combo which was lovely. Blueberry and choc is also a firm fav of mine.

• mmmm the chocolate combination sounds good. Do you use raw cacao powder? Id like to know if vanilla powder is raw?

• I love seriously all fruit EXCEPT pears... I don't know why, I just cannot get into them.

but my all time favorite is bananas

• mmm bananas:) Id like to make a nice raw banana parfait ,with a cherry on top!!! :D

• sweet, that sounds sooo good !!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Picking a favorite for me is tricky. I have more than one favorite. I guess the best for me to be as selective as possible would be that if I could only pick a select few fruits to live on the rest of my life it would be Atfaulo Mango, Fuyu Persimmon, Strawberries, and Watermelon.

If I lived in England though I would live off of Spanish Plums and Peaches, Italian Cherries, Greek Figs, and English Rasperries.

• Today, I'd have to say catalope, yesterday it would have been strawberry or pineapple. :)

• Bananas and mango are my favorite, but I also love cantaloupe... and persimmons! It's so hard to get ahold of those ridiculously juicy delicious fruits!

I can't wait to try out all the local exotic fruit varieties I'll find during my cross-Canada roadtrip this year! There are THOUSANDS of varieties of fruits, yet so few make it to grocery stores, and those rarely taste good anyway... Local, organic and in season is the best!

• Dragonfruits are good too!!:)

• I just want to say Banana-Head, I love your display pic :)