Kidney Infection

Anyone know how to treat this without antibiotics? My lower back... on the left side mainly has been hurting for several days now. I don't have any insurance and was hoping for a natural way to treat this without taking medicine!

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I used oregano oil (yuck) and cranberry extract the last time and it worked for me! I added the oregano oil to food, but it is very strong. The cranberry extract I added to all of my beverages.

It worked for me. Lots and lots of water will help flush it out too.

• thank you. I need to get some cranberry juice! I have been drinking water thats really all I drink!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Uva ursi is the best for kidney infections, the hydroquinones are anti-septic and not released until they hit the kidneys.

ohh and more water.

• dnacol, I hate to be the one to say this but if your having pain in your lower back plus UTI sx you really need to see your physician. It sounds like you may have pyelonephritis (kidney infection) or cystits (bladder infection) and the fact that the pain is not bilateral can indicate a host of other problems as well. These infections can quickly turn into a much more serious infection such as urosepsis. I would not recommend treating this at home.

In terms of Uva ursi for UTIs there is minimal human efficacy data available and hydroquinones can cause liver failure so do not take it for longer than 5 days. In addition if you do choose to use this herb, make sure your urine is alkaline or it will not work. (ie no OJ, etc). I hope you feel better soon!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

the liver failure and problems only occur with high doses over extended periods of time and only in some also.