Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Gallstones?

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this before, or perhaps could tell me what kind of signs I could be looking for as an indicator of gallstones. I've recently started having persistent pain on my right side near the bottom of my ribcage, like someone's pushing a broomstick into my side or something. Other than that, however, I don't really have any other symptoms at this point.

I've read that raw potato juice can be helpful, if it really is gallstones. Other than trying that, I just don't really know what to do about the situation, and I'm really opposed to going to a doctor. I was hoping someone might be able to offer some alternative advice. I'd like the doctor to be a very last resort...

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

if i were you i'd go to a doctor for a diagnosis so you know that's really what it is. you can always refuse treatment. my husband had gallstones and refused to get his gallbladder removed. no one can force you.

my friend cindy from this blog: http://www.rawprincess.org/ has done several gallbladder flushes with apple juice. i would contact her for some advice. she eats mostly raw and is a natural healer.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

if its the liver flush one id give it a miss its simply a byproduct of the olive oil that many think its the gallstones there pushing out.

digestive bitters flush the liver and gallbladder. A check up would be wise though as it could be anything.

• When my husband had gall stones it felt to him like he was having a heart attack. I took him several times to the emergency room because of it. Unfortunately, since he smoked back then (quit several years ago) the doctors would always assume it was just the smoking (once heart troubles were ruled out) and did not investigate furthur for some time.

• sisterbecky- I find that really bizarre that it felt to your husband like a heart attack; that's not what i would expect. Thankfully that's not the kind of pain I'm having, that sounds frightening.

Either way, I'm going to look into some kind of liver/gallbladder flushing method... I have read about the olive oil method causing fake "stones" to be passed, so of course I'm skeptical of that, but I've been looking into other things as well.

Thank you everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

the bitters are the best way really and help many other areas of health such as cleansing the liver properly.

sisterbecky sounds like a gallbladder attack they can mimic heart attacks,.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

There are some great ways to flush your gall bladder with lemons and olive oil.

I never really tried it, but I did once make a huge salad with a strong lemon juice and olive oil dressing.

I loved the dressing so much I ended up drinking the dressing at the bottom of the bowl.

I think what happened next was a "flush" with a few little stones after that.

There is a much more efficient way to do that includes fasting, drinking Epson's salts and water to clean your colon and then drinking a lemon juice/olive oil mixture.

I think curezone.com has a few ways to do this.

they are a very bad way to "cleanse" your liver/gallbladder, its simply a by product of the mixture of epsom salts and the oil or the if the oil apple/lemon juice the olive oil pushing out whats already in.

theres only really one way to cleanse the gallbladder and its via bitters. infact the dr clark type flush is damn right dangerous and what there picking out the toilet isnt gallstones, they wouldnt fit through the ducts for a start.

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

Right side abdominal pain can be appendicitis. It's been a few days since your original post, though, so I think it would have progressed by now! At any rate, it would probably be good to get it checked out.

eta: When I got appendicitis, it started out on the right side above my hip. Felt like I had a "stitch" from exercising too hard or something. Over the course of the day the pain changed and moved to the front, under the ribcage. I went to the ER in late afternoon, and everyone there was so sure it wasn't appendicitis because all of my labs (blood and urine) were still normal but it was. I just recognized that it wasn't a normal pain and got myself there way before it was ready to burst. HTH

• I really liked it. It was my first cleanse, and it was a month long. It was not a shock to your body. you go from 3 meals a day to just juice during the last week. all the while taking herbal tablets. I never felt or looked better. I highly recommend e'juva. Have you ever cleansed before?

• I think you should go to the doctor, if it persists, just to rule out anything else. I had this problem back in September, that is when I went raw. The raw diet helped for about a month but then the pain started to come back. It kept me up at night. My attacks lasted 2-4 hours and were extremely uncomfortable. I would compare it to a one sided contraction. I was desperate, read about the cleanses on line, and tried doing a apple cleanse, but the pain remained. I finally had my gallbladder removed in October. I am very unhappy with my decision. Of course it is two fold. I went raw because of gallbladder pain, had the gallbladder removed and found that I could no longer digest meat. LOL so I have come to terms with my decision. I feel everything happens for a reason. I am now a very content energetic raw living food consumer. I hope this helps. If I were you I would find a naturopathic doctor and have them walk you through a whole body cleanse. I just recently completed an E'Juva cleanse. I LOVED my results. here is a website for this cleanse

http://www.ejuva.com/

I think it would have helped me.

What was the ejuva like pretty effective ? these cleanses are mostly very similar in what they contain anyway but this one took interest with me.

• ktkt Raw Newbie

i had this and was in heaps of pain. i just ate nothing but apples, apples and more apples and it went away. there may be more scientific ways of dealing with it but this worked for me. i know the best advice is 'go see your gp' but like you i try to avoid that. btw-dont eat any fat at all.

yeah ive done an awful lot of cleansing greenwithenvy. Was just interested in how it compared to others:).

cheers

no fat at all isnt really healthy long term though you need a little fat for various body functions.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

Curezone.com has a lot of interesting ideas, with photos of results.

Another thing you might consider is that this could also be kidneys?

I always have back pain when I MC and usually chalk it up to my kidneys being flushed out.

But, I agree to have a Dr check you out, his diagnoses can help point you in a better direction.

• Hi power lifter , I clicked on your juicing link. Are you knowledgeable in juicing?

I just bought an Omega and have been juicing everyday. But some of my juices are god awful.

I read about how beneficial sprout juices are, so the other night I had an abundance of mixed sprouts, so I juiced them with carrots chard, and pear. Well I drank it okay, but fought back the urge to barf for a good hour afterwords.

What did I do wrong?

I can use any kind of advise.

I am new at all of this.

• http://jes-livercleanse.blogspot.com/

the oil/lemon flush is that way to go. not sure who made up this thing about the stones coming out being saponified oil, but that's just BS, for many reasons.

and if you go to a doctor to get tested for stones, they will do an ultrasound, which will only show stones that are heavily calcified, which is rare. most everyone has softer, wax-like green/yellow cholesterol stones in their gallbladder and liver. most people can clear out a significant amount of their stones in 10 flushes or so.

Dreambrother im sorry but it is just a myth and damn right dangerous for some.

Regardless it is not gallstones people are passing. First of all real gallstones sink, not float like what people are recovering from their stool. And some of the photos I have seen are of these pseudo-stones that are so large that it would be absolutely impossible to pass through the bile ducts even with the dilation from magnesium. The bile ducts can only dilate a few millimeters. Some of the pseudo-stones are 25mm or more in diameter. As we can see it just not possible that these pseudo-stones came from the gallbladder. And we know from experiments that you can create these pseudo-stones through saponification of the olive oil and through sterol-cholesterol complexing.

It is more likely the olive oil is stimulating stagnant bile which causes the benefits they recieve, in which case digestive bitters are a safer, better choice, will help with digestion and finally will actually cleanse the liver.

green with envy - what type of sprouts did you juice, its best to start small with anything, some of the stronger sprout juices and greens can cause heavy nausea. Did you wash the produce firstly also, sprouts, watercress are notorious for keeping bugs in.

• Hi Powerlifter,

I did wash my sprouts, but I think you are right about the combination being the problem. It was a mix of radish, broccholi, and alfalfa and clover. What do you recommend I start with when juicing sprouts. Thanks for your help.

Hey green with envy, thats alot of sprouts i most recommend to make the sprouts a small portion of the juice or it will be too strong. So try some cucumber, celery, carrot as a base and add a little portion of each etc. I tend to treat sprouts much like i do with juicing parsley, cilantro etc. They generally shouldnt be drunk alone.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

To whomever mentioned it, thanks for the website of ejuva. He is about 2 hours away from me, so may go and see him. not sure. But I wonder if he beleives candida comes from fat, not fruit. but will call at 9:00.

candida doesnt come from fat or fruit. Candida is a natural part of the body, when the good flora is wiped out due to several reasons whether thats antibiotics, pharma meds etc the intestine changes PH to an alkaline PH. This turns on the candida growth gene and candida changes from its harmless yeast form to fungal overgrowth.

• So what is the update? did you go to the doctor?

I know when I share this I could get blasted, (so please don't) but I just did the olive oil/grapefruit juice cleanse. I probably passed about 600 or so...but who counts??? I ordered the cleanse on the Ejuva site. Charles sent me the protocol for the cleanse as he recomended it. I feel like crap, but in a good way ;) And maybe this explains why every morning I have felt like crap for years, it take me at leat an hour before I can get going. Am now having a watermelon slushy to celebrate a job well done ;)

Sounds more like adrenal fatigue with the morning get going ness.

Im not fond of that cleanse as the "stones" that come out wouldnt fit through the bile ducts so there likely the reaction from the mixture.

If you want to cleanse your liver the best way is with bitter herbs on the back of the tongue 2-3 times daily. These will cleanse your liver heavily so remember to up your water intake.

every one is an expert.....

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

My Mum and sister both had their gall bladders removed and the stones were kept to show them.

I could not believe the size of some of them and they looked like stones.Also their was not a lot of them maybe 8 at the most,but the size I would think was blocking something and causing so much pain.

Whats that comment supposed to mean? You should listen to all views then go research yourself, there are so many differing views and opinions in the health industry its best to gather as much info as possible before using or doing any sort of protocol blindly.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I suppose I was agreeing with some of your posts powerlifter.

The gall stones I saw I thought would be too big to pass and they did not look like they would float.

Don't understand your comment.

No sorry man not your post the one above it saying everyone is an expert which i guess was in response to mine.

Your post is right though, they are every big and back to the cleanse even dilating the bile ducts with magnesium they still wouldnt fit through, so its likely a mixture of the ingredients causing hundreds of these pseudo stones.