flying raw

ktkt Raw Newbie

i have just returned from a 9 hour overseas trip and was really surprised that they actually offered the choice of a raw meal or a fruit meal on the plane. neither turned out to be entirely raw but the fruit plate was really nice with a bread roll on the side that i could ignore. unfornately the 'raw meal' had bulghur through the salad with some kind of chemical tasting dressing so i will avoid that in future. with both options i was starving by the time i got off the plane but it was still nice to have a choice and to know that raw is becoming more mainstream. i flew cathay pacific, economy, i have no idea if other airlines also offer this.

Comments

• Wow! That is great to hear!!!! :)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

That's awesome! I had never heard of airlines offering raw meals (even if they weren't completely raw).

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I just went on the Cathay Pacific website (I Googled cathay pacific + raw meal) and I found all their meal options. Their list is so long! Usually they offer meat, fish or vegetarian, but they cater to every nutritional need!

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

that's pretty sweet. I can't even get them to give me a vegan meal. And vegan and gluten-free? forget it!

Last time I flew, it was a ham and cheese sandwich. There was actually no part of it that I could eat. At all.