Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Spot free glowing skin....

Hi Everyone,

I am on transition into a raw diet at the moment, and as much as I am doing it for my health and to generally feel a lot better, I am interested to find out the benefits in terms of your skins appearance. I don't have terrible skin but I am conscious of it and I can be prone to break outs now and again. When researching the raw diet it is mentioned a lot that your skin is better, so basically I am wondering if anybody noticed a big difference with theirs?

Sorry if that was a bit long winded,

Paris :) xxx

Comments

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Hi Paris, I struggled with really bad acne as a teenager and am in my early 20's now and still struggle. I went raw last year in July and within about 2 weeks I noticed huge differences. All around more glowy and even skin toned and less and less pimples. It did go away completely for some time and I threw out all my dermatologist medicine! Now as of lately I am beginning to have large pimples only on my chin area. Except the rest of my skin still looks amazing. Its very annoying as I don't know whats causing it but have read that chin pimples are always hormonal.

There are a lot of threads on acne here at goneraw so you will find really helpful information if you use the search button. A few suggestions I have been trying lately are: using apple cider vinegar as a toner and honey as a cleanser. Tonight I am going to make a homemade face mask using oats, honey and strawberries and see how I do with that.

I can almost guarentee you will notice at least 75% better skin be eating a very clean diet!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I think cooked foods are terrible for your skin, as are spices, salts, agave/honey syrups, oils, caffeine and other stimulants. Try to eat as much raw as possible - you have nothing to lose!

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

Don't forget grass-seed products, terrible stuff. Your skin will definitely clear up on a raw-diet.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

ive had good success but also understand that acne is 9/10 hormonal related. So using digestive bitters to cleanse the liver so that the liver can effectivley metabolize excess hormones is the key.

• I have tried everything for my skin, but being raw does interest me generally too. I saw somebody had posted about cabbage juice being good for your skin, so I wanna check that out too.

I couldn't get onto the link powerlifer :(

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

the link should be working but that is just my site not a link to digestive bitters.

digestive bitters are purely any bitter tasting herb, they usually come in an formula such as swedish, grape, chinese bitters. The latter two i like better as they dont contain stimulant laxative herbs. But what you do is put a half-1 teaspoon on the tongue for 30 seconds before meals this stimulates the bitter receptors at the back of the tongue, which stimulates your vagus nerve to release stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes, bile secreation and in turn effectively cleanses the liver.

the more effecient your liver the more able it is to metabolize excess hormones. A little seaweeds and adaptogen herbs help balance hormones also. Vitamin B rich foods help your liver break down hormones.

excess hormones such as androgens are the main cause of acne rather than so called toxins.

• That's really interesting, I've never heard about this before. I love hearing about new things like this!