vegetable stock for soup

Is there any way to recreate this with raw ingredients? I want to make a soup.

Comments

• Lollypolly,

I use veggie stock, but I'm lazy and use the already made stuff:-( (I don't follow 100% raw diet obviously.)

But, I can't see why you couldn't just juice (instead of cook the veggies and get about the same results. I looked up a basic veggie stock recipe on allrecipe and it used 2 large onions, 2 medium carrots, 3 stalks of celery, 1 whole bulb of garlic, 10 peppercorns, and a bay leaf. This makes 4 cups of stock. You might one to either leave out the peppercorn, or maybe try letting it soak in the stock overnight and remove it.

I say give it a try with the juicer. Most of the recipes I found pretty much used some type of onion (or leek which is in the onion family I believe), carrots and celery. I know that stuff like brocolli or cabbage mess up stocks, so don't just juice anything.

Good luck.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

this soup is pretty good, you could just do the broth.

Matt Amsden of Rawvolution's Dixie Chicken, Chicken-less Noodle Soup Recipe. http://www.rawvolution.com

Dixie Chicken- Chicken-less Noodle Soup

Serves 2-3 Blender/Juicer or Blender Nut Milk Bag

3/12 cups daikon juice (2-3 Daikons)

1 1/4 cups pure water

2 TBS fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt

1/8 cup diced celery

1/8 cup carrots, sliced into rounds

1/4 cup zucchini, peeled and made into noodles

1/4 cup chantrelle mushrooms

Using a Juicer (or blend and strain in high speed blender): juice the daikon

In a High Speed Blender: combine the daikon juice, water, lemon, juice, and sea salt, and blend. Stir in the celery, carrots, and zucchini, and pour into bowls. Garnish with mushrooms.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I make a vegetable broth that I really like. It is dry so I just add warm water and I'm ready to go.

I dry red bell pepper, carrot, celery, tomatoes, green onion, parsley and cilantro until totally dry. Then I grind it all in the coffee grinder. I then add salt, pepper and nutrional yeast. It makes a wonderful instant broth powder. You ca add any veg in any quantity. I don't have measurements because I just use whatever I've got on hand.

• Thanks everyone - great ideas!

Daniefon - how long does your stock keep for?