Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

vegetable stock for soup

Is there any way to recreate this with raw ingredients? I want to make a soup.

Comments

• Lollypolly,

I use veggie stock, but I'm lazy and use the already made stuff:-( (I don't follow 100% raw diet obviously.)

But, I can't see why you couldn't just juice (instead of cook the veggies and get about the same results. I looked up a basic veggie stock recipe on allrecipe and it used 2 large onions, 2 medium carrots, 3 stalks of celery, 1 whole bulb of garlic, 10 peppercorns, and a bay leaf. This makes 4 cups of stock. You might one to either leave out the peppercorn, or maybe try letting it soak in the stock overnight and remove it.

I say give it a try with the juicer. Most of the recipes I found pretty much used some type of onion (or leek which is in the onion family I believe), carrots and celery. I know that stuff like brocolli or cabbage mess up stocks, so don't just juice anything.

Good luck.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

this soup is pretty good, you could just do the broth.

Matt Amsden of Rawvolution's Dixie Chicken, Chicken-less Noodle Soup Recipe. http://www.rawvolution.com

Dixie Chicken- Chicken-less Noodle Soup

Serves 2-3 Blender/Juicer or Blender Nut Milk Bag

3/12 cups daikon juice (2-3 Daikons)

1 1/4 cups pure water

2 TBS fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt

1/8 cup diced celery

1/8 cup carrots, sliced into rounds

1/4 cup zucchini, peeled and made into noodles

1/4 cup chantrelle mushrooms

Using a Juicer (or blend and strain in high speed blender): juice the daikon

In a High Speed Blender: combine the daikon juice, water, lemon, juice, and sea salt, and blend. Stir in the celery, carrots, and zucchini, and pour into bowls. Garnish with mushrooms.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I make a vegetable broth that I really like. It is dry so I just add warm water and I'm ready to go.

I dry red bell pepper, carrot, celery, tomatoes, green onion, parsley and cilantro until totally dry. Then I grind it all in the coffee grinder. I then add salt, pepper and nutrional yeast. It makes a wonderful instant broth powder. You ca add any veg in any quantity. I don't have measurements because I just use whatever I've got on hand.

• Thanks everyone - great ideas!

Daniefon - how long does your stock keep for?