Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Reflexology

sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I just wondered if anyone had any experience in having reflexology and whether it worked for them?

After coming off the pill (in Nov), I still haven't had a period and I heard reflexology might help re-balance my body.

Feel like it's worth a try but would also very interested to hear about other peoples experiences.

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Hey I also came off the pill in November and still haven't gotten my period either. I don't know if reflexology would help, I'd be interested to know too.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

But 5 months no period that can't be right???

Just my thought I don't have that period thing. but they say it's an important part of being female. Why does it stop?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Too many years of being on the pill has probably thrown my hormones out of whack. :-(

Trying not to freak out as apparently it's v common and getting stressed will only make it worse.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

How HIGH raw are you guys?

I have read that 100% raw women don't necessarily have periods. It I can relocate some of the info I will come back and post the sites for you.

Apparently only animals (ya thats us too!) that eat unnatural diets bleed.

you will still ovulate but the bleeding is not natural, we have just ate unnaturally for so many centuries we think it is normal.

Me? I wouldn't know I had a hysterectomy.

Found the blog I read it is the following.

http://debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/periods-they-may-be-normal-but-are-they.html

have to keep thinking were else I read that.

and it was also in a book I read years ago (fiction, story) called Savages I will have to find the Author when I get home. That was about 20 years ago, I knew nothing of eating a raw diet back then so I just thought it was interesting story line.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks for the link Blue_Eyes, will have a read later.

I'm certainly not 100% - mainly high raw, but always vegan.

I'd be fine about not having periods as long as I'm still ovulating - trying to get pregnant you see. :-)

I went back and re read it since it had been awhile, so be sure to read the comments at the bottom, there are so real WOW's in there!!

Wishing you the BEST!!

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

sv3, are you charting with your Basal Body Temp? That will tell you if you're ovulating.

Haven't used reflexology myself, but I can highly recommend acupuncture. Seems like they work along the same lines, er, meridians. ;) I know there is one acupressure spot above your outside ankle, I believe about 3 fingers-width above, that would be helpful. It's the spot that massage therapists are to avoid during pregnancy because it can bring on labor, works the same for bring on your period when not pregnant. Google it just to make sure I'm remembering the location correctly. It's been a while! The way I was taught to stimulate acupressure points is to hold firm pressure on it for a count of ten, then rub in a circular motion for another count of ten. You may need to do that for several minutes.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

Blue_eyes: interesting link. I believe that raw-vegan is a complete diet (if done right). But if there is no period (beter no-ovulating) there is something seriously wrong as a man you don't noticed that period part but the diet is the same so you also mis something in your diet, that scares me a bit.

"HAVE WOMEN ALWAYS HAD A MONTHLY BLOOD FLOW" that's the interesting part it only goes back a few thousand years "humans" lived 2+million years. So much I want to know.

sv3, I hope you get pregnant soon 8).

RawEverything, I believe she covered the part about women who do not have a period but DO ovulate, they DO have children.

She is just one person but she did have some pretty good stuff to back her up with. OF course you do not take one persons advise as law, but she does give you food for thought and a starting point for your own research.

sv3, do you do wheatgrass juice? i have heard some good things with that and fertility.

• Hi Y'all,

My cousin - not raw - had very irregular periods not due to birth control, just something within her body since her puberty. She did reflexology on herself for a while and her periods have been regular since and that has been many years and she did not have to continue her reflexology for the periods - they just stayed regular.

At one time, when I could afford it, I saw a chiropractor regularly. Because of my fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, I cannot have deep massage, so he a combo of reflexology and chiro and massage and I have never felt better in my life. I just do so wish I could afford it still.

I am a great believer in reflexology - hand and foot.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all your feedback. :-)

Blue_Eyes, I just read that post by Debbie and thought it was great, feeling much more positive! I don't drink wheatgrass regularly but will def look into it.

freewitheft, I will start taking my temp daily to track any changes.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Just thought I'd post a quick update to say that a week after my first reflexology session I got my period!

I'm really pleased and would recommend this kind of treatment to anyone. :-)

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

Congrats! :)