Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Pimple on tounge

What causes pimples on the tounge. Ive been eating grapefruit, pears, apples, and tomatoes . I got this pimple right and the tip of my tounge .

It hurts so much:S. Is there anything I can use for it to go away right away:/

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i usually get them under my tongue or on the side. don't know what the cause is really. i've tried to pop them and it's too difficult. i just wait it out.

• It's the high enzymes.

Pineapple contains a proteolytic enzyme bromelain, which digests food by breaking down protein. Pineapple juice can thus be used as a marinade and tenderizer for meat.

imagine that on your tongue.

• Too many tomatoes tend to give me something similar. It's always gone within two days maximum though.

• can pears do it to?

• mmmm i had that happen once or twice at least a year ago. i remember it really hurt. i think i did pop the thing and it was gross - bunch of yellow pus came out.

keep your mouth really clean. maybe try oil pulling - if you've never heard of this its real simple - just take a tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for like 10 minutes and then spit it out. do it a couple times a day.

i think this a detox and the fruit may have helped cleanse whatever's coming out through the tongue.

the skin is a major organ for releasing toxins, along with lungs, liver, and intestine. this is why a lot of people experience acne breakouts after changing to raw food.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

For me it's not so much of a pimple as a raw red spot that maybe looks like one. It's caused by acidity. I cut back on citrus, tomatoes, and under ripe kiwi when this happens and they resolve on their own. Introduce more foods that are more alkaline in the mouth (I believe citrus isn't as acidic in the digestive system, but it's pretty strong initially).

• Im so used to eating tomatoe and grapefruits:o. I just went out and came back home with extra tomatoes and a whole bag of grapefruits:S. Now its going to make it worse:/ I hope not!!!

• nsns

I stumbled on the following. I don't know if it will be of help but might be worth a look:

http://www.goneraw.com/forum/thrush-mouth