Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need certain supplement reccomendations

I am looking to start taking a good silica, vitamin c powder (like camu camu berry or similar) and Vitamin E tocotrienols. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what brand or products works best and where they got it and how much they are. (Price is an issue).

I have read David Wolfe's book about Beauty and he gives 3 suggestions for silica, plus I read alot about silica gel and am wondering what is truly the most effective.

His suggestions, I believe were his own brand, one called orgono living silica and another vegetal silica. And I have also heard that a gel is most effective, so please inform me.

Thanks alot!

Comments

• I've never heard of any of this stuff (or read any David Wolfe for that matter) and I don't seem to be missing out on anything. Beware of marketing!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Hey ok, skip the camu camu its good your looking for a natural vitamin C source rather than the unstable sythethic vitamin c. Camu camu is rich in vitamin C but also extremely unstable unless eaten fresh or dried and eaten immediatley.

Amla powder is the best natural vitamin C source then acerola cherry. I have just got 25kg of a batch just manufactured of organic amla powder if you need.

For silica Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is the richest source and is a great supplement for skin, hair, nails, connective tissue, bones, parasites, digestive health and much more.

• nsns

Anyone know of a source of good quality human consumption grade diatomaceous earth in the Greater Toronto area?

Related question - which is the best brand for DE?

• Powerlife,

can you tell me where you buy the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and the amla powder? Are they very expensive? and how do you take them, just in water or juice or do you make them into smoothies>

Also, are there any side effects like nausea?

I get nauseous from supplements alot, so I typically buy them and never take them, but I am turning over a new leaf.

Also, you say that the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is THE BEST, how does it compare to silica gel? I read a book on the subject and it pretty much said that if it is not the gel, you will not get the same benefits.

Can you take more than one form of silica at a time or is it pointless to do so or can you overdose on it?

And do these supplements taste funky?

You can take more than one form, im of the opinion silica gel is pretty poor as its locally applied and silica is very poorly absorbed at the best of times. Im not sure where you live but im in the UK and can supply organic amla powder which is cheap for the dose you need which is only half a teaspoon in water, capsule or your smoothie etc. Amla has pretty much 0 side effects since its just a berry.

Again im not suer where you live but ill try dig out a DE supplier for you, DE can cause nausea though due to its anti-parasitical effects. DE tastes a little funny but its not that bad. Amla tastes fine.

• Powerlifer, you say that silica gel is locally applied, you mean topically?

The book I read recommends ingesting it mixed with water, 1-2 TBS per day. I hope this is indeed safe to do.

Anyway, as for the amla powder, I am going to research it a bit, but thanks for the offer, I will let you know if I need to take you up on that.

And please let me know what you find out about the DE.

From what I have read so far, it makes your skin young looking and just amazing. Can you attest to this?

could you link to the product, i thought you were meaning the topical silica gel, the best silica product is still DE though.

no probs on the amla berry, if you need any more information i did a little bit on my site about it. http://www.juicingforum.co.uk/amla.php

where are you located so i can try dig out a DE supplier for you?

DE is amazing for the skin, hair, nails, connective tissue because silica is one of the most important nutrients for these. But its not the only vitamin C is also a major player(amla berry/fruits etc) and EFAs also play an important role.

• I am not sure exactly which brand he recommends, but it is silica gel from the book "Silica, the amazing gel" by Klaus Kaufman. The only gel I am aware off is Body Essentials Silica Gel which is sold at Whole Foods and the Vitamin Shop or online of course.

I don't know how much you know about it, you seem to know alot about the DE, which sounds really good.

And I live in Southern California.

Thanks!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

You can get food-grade diatomaceous earth at www.earthworkshealth.com for a great price. I can't say that it will definitely make your skin look amazing, though.

Healthforce makes a natural vitamin c powder (Truly Natural Vitamin C; it does have corn maltodextrin), and there's also Pure Radiance C. I've tried both, and I prefer the latter, but it's more pricey. Amla powder or something similar might be the most bang for your buck.

• Gosh, it seems like every single supplement or food or whatever that I read will keep your skin looking young, no one can actually attest to or back up.

So, are all these supplement manufacturers lying? Exaggerating the truth? Is there anything that will keep the skin young?

Is David Wolfe's book absurd?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

David Wolfe does sell stuff, and he often hypes things a little too much, in my opinion. However, I think that certain nutrients do help skin. My new favorite website (besides goneraw, of course) is www.earthclinic.com --they don't sell anything, and they offer testimonials on home remedies for all sorts of things, including improving skin quality.

Naturally, eating fresh fruit and vegetables that are high in water content is a great way to help skin and overall health. Best of luck!

supporting your liver with digestive bitters is also a great idea and helps to achieve hormonal balance.

I cant remember if truly natural C is mostly camu camu, which is pretty unstable unless eaten fresh or dried and eaten immediatley.

As ambiguous said water, fresh fruit and vegetables go a long way. But i found DE to help an awful lot.

• i also find water works really well, 2 - 4 litres a day. drink it first thing in the morning every morning you will notice a difference in at least 2-3 days, maybe even the first day, it flushes all the toxins out. gives you soft hydrated looking skin. also lots of exersize, to really flush your system. o and of course lots of fresh fruits and veggies. not dehydrated, and minimul nuts and and salt and oils and stuff. the answer is really simpler than you think. with no extra added cost.

• Body Essential Silica is prepared from quartz crystals and provides silica in one of its purest, most potent forms. herbs-wholesale.com

• Powerlifter-I just purchased and opened Navitas Naturals Camu powder and saw your post. They juice it and then it's dried. Do you know if the vitamin C is simply lessened or is all of it degraded since it's unstable? I'm wondering if it's even worth taking. Also, is there any harm in taking a Camu powder that hasn't been kept stable? Thanks.

there should be no harm but theres likely little to no vitamin C due to how unstable it is.

the reason amla berry is more stable is due to the tannins they contain keep the vitamin C stable.