chives

Hi I bought a pack of chives and mixed it in with my raw cauliflower rice and tomatoe,parsley and red bell pepper. It really tasted amazing. Just wondering if chives are good for your health?

Comments

• I love chives too!!! I love the taste with parsley, the thing is i cant find organic chives, is it still ok?.

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Are they fresh chives? If they are just wash them. Everything is better organic but its fine if you cant get them.

• yup they are fresh chives:) I always wash before I use them.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

They are very easy to grow. I have them in my herb garden, they come back every springI. However, I've also grown them indoors in a pot put in a windowsill.

• Not entirely unconnected, I thought that I'd mention that it is almost time for Ramsons. These are wild garlicky plants, with leaves like Lily of the Valley leaves, and pretty white flowers. The flowers or the seeds are deliciously garlicky. You can go a long way without seeing any, but when you do find them, they are usually in thousands, carpeting vast areas of damp woodland. They are delicious in salads and refreshing when nibbled as you walk through them.