Re : busy lifestyle vs raw foods

Hi,

I'm new to raw, have been eating cooked vegan past 10 years.

I sometimes work 18-20 hour shifts 2-3 shifts in a row and therefore have to have food put away for that duration. Will raw food keep for 3 days, is it safe to eat it that way ? Or should I giv up on raw foods those 3-4 days a week ?

I'm also really skinny, 5'2"and weigh 98lbs, I drop weight very fast and never seem to gain any.

So I'm looking for advice from similiar body types too.

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Fruit is probably the easiest thing.

Trail mix also keeps pretty well.

If you have a dehydrator, you could make some crackers, etc.

Search the forum for camping threads as there are a few which may have good suggestions you can use.

Raw is always possible, being prepared is the key.

• grapefruit.fanaticgrapefruit.fanatic Raw Newbie

On some weekends I cut up 4-5 days worth of veggies for salad and keep them in the fridge.

They are fine- carrots, cucumber, corn, onion, and tomato all keep well. Then all I have to do is throw in the lettuce, the cut up veggies, and add some dressing. 2 minute meal prep.

Guacamole also lasts a few days. You could bring a container of that and have veggies for dipping.

• why do raw fooders eat more heavier foods at supper or late night dinner? LIke a avocado salad, or nut pate. anything with nuts or fats at night?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

most raw foods will keep for 3-4 days if kept refrigerated. even green smoothies.