Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Chapped lips

Im getting chapped dry lips and my mouth gets dry ,even though i drink:S I eat alot of fruit. what is causing the chapped lips?

Comments

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

When I followed 80/10/10 strictly i had dry skin and lips. I now add in a little bit more fat, just a little bit because too much will make me sick. My favorite sources are chia seeds, and avocado. It helped my dry skin. Or try moisturizing with coconut oil, perfect for chapped lips and hands.

• I would guess it's the lower fat too. As Kitty suggested- up your fat a bit.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Maybe your environment is just dry right now. Drink a lot of water and use chapstick :/

• ive noticed my lips get chapped alot at work, :S and my hands too ,its the air in there. I put chapstick on, seems to work!! mabey i need some fats too in my diet, but i feel so much better with just fruit, and veggies.:o

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

When I play indoor tennis during winter the air inside always gives me very dry skin. If I don't play indoor tennis for a while this problem goes away. So unfortunately you may have to keep using chapstick for a while.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i put jojoba oil on my lips. right now i'm really sick with a cold so my nose and lips look terrible (very inflammed and cracked). i put some jojoba oil on last night and some of the dryness is gone thank god.

• Thanks for the advice!! My lips got better , It probably was the dry cold air and acidic fruits like grapefruit. I havnt been eating them and my lips are better now:) joannabanana I hope you get better soon!!!

• My lips are so much better now, im guessing it was from eating alot of grapefruit. Now that I stopped eating it ,it got better. If it ever happens I get chapped lips again i will try that DeborahB Thanks!!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I dry skin brush every day, rids the top layer of dead skin leaving smooth soft skin.

For chapped lips... Cover your lips in lip balm. Put your toothbrush in hot water. Brush your lips. Reapply lip balm. Put your toothbrush under hot water again. Again, brush your lips.

Sounds a little crazy but works a treat!

• dnmuthydnmuthy Raw Newbie
    sweet said:

Im getting chapped dry lips and my mouth gets dry ,even though i drink:S I eat alot of fruit. what is causing the chapped lips?

Chapped lips are a common skin condition you can get soft lips by using home ingredients which fully loaded with essential nutrients. Almond oil, Jojoba Oil, And coconut oil are the best to get rid off chapped lips. I wrote an article about this issue.  You know the more information that how to get rid of chapped lips permanently.