cleansing and constipation! help!

hi all i dont know if these is the right place to post but here goes....this is my first cleanse that i'm doing. my normal pattern of poop was atleast 1-2 times a day. i have been on a clease already for 5 days now and have only have pooped twice! the product i'm using is "first cleanse" by renew life. i'm also taking a fiber supplement once a day. i have also changed my diet for the sake of the cleanse, only juicing veggies with my vitamix 5200 and drinking lots, lots and lots of water. i may occasionally eat a detox veggie soup and have a few bits of raw almond butter. i'm wondering why the sudden bowel changes have occured? please any one with input please help.

oh yeah, the last time went to the bathroom was two days ago. this morning i put together a concoction of lemon and olive oil with is supposed to help me go but no luck as of yet.

thanks.

Comments

• veghealthcoachveghealthcoach Raw Newbie

Hi,

Any change to your regular eating habits can disrupt your movements.

Too much fiber can constipate you. A balance between fiber and water intake has to be found.

I would suggest trying a laxative tea, like Smooth Move, or putting 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom Salt or noniodized sea salt into one quart of water to help stimulate your bowels, no more than twice a day.

Feel better!

• thanks i will definitely try that!

• I have a few suggestions. First, try Orgaic Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move Tea. You can purchase it at most health food stores. I put 1 tea bag into about 6 ounces of hot water, and allow it to steep for 15 minutes. I drink it before I go to bed. This will help you with a movement the next morning.

Second, if you are still having a problem with a movement, you can try taking 2 tablespoons of Sea Salt and add it to a quart of warm water (warm enough that you can drink it quickly). Make sure it is SEA SALT!!! Make sure you only do this on an EMPTY STOMACH. The water should be VERY salty, like the ocean. If it's not, add more salt. Drink this as fast as you can. In about 15 mintues to an hour, you will be running to the bathroom, so be sure you aren't going anywhere for a few hours. This will cause zero gravity in your colon and you will eliminate anything trapped in there. I advise you that you follow up with some fresh water. You will have several eliminations, and if you don't, you didn't add enough salt to the water.

Finally, purchase some Dr. Christopher's Lower Bowel Formula. It is an excellent product for a cleanse. Along with it, take the Blood Stream Formula. You can find both product information at http://herballegacy.com/Dr._Christopher_Formulas.html I purchase them at http://www.vitaglo.com

Also, be sure to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water each and every day, and a minimum of 64 ounces. If someone weighs 200 lbs., for example, they should drink 100 ounces of water a day. This will help with constipation as well.

Hope these suggestions help!