Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sores all in my mouth

I have about 3 sores in my mouth one on the tip of my tounge ,side of my tounge and my side gum is swollen and it hurts. It really is painful. I dont know if its because im eating too much fruit, i have no idea, im 100% eating fruit and only cauliflower as a vegetable. What should I do to get rid of these sores? Thanks!!!

Comments

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Have you been eating a lot of sour fruits? This may be the cause.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Please add some more foods to your diet--the chlorophyll in greens are good for mouth sores, and greens have a lot of minerals, which we all need. I find that celery and parsley have a slight numbing effect if I eat lots of them on their own--perhaps this would help you feel better, and it would be really nutritious.

• it sounds like cankers (they can be white or just tongue colored too) and I get them from gluten, or a highly acidic diet....ambiguous is right: go with chlorophyll...buy some wheatgrass powder. Check out www.iherb.com, that's where I get mine....

http://www.iherb.com/Amazing-Grass-Organic-Wheat-Grass-Powder-17-oz/8963?at=0

• I third the adding greens and such to your diet. Fruit and califlower isn't enough. Fruits good, but you need more than fruit and a little califlower.

• I eat alot of apples pears and raspberries. i crave alot of raspberries i can eat 6 containers a day, it costs me 30 dollars for 6 containers a day. I also eat tomatoe. I had some romaine lettuce the other day and it was really bitter, mabey it wasnt good?

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

When lettuce is bitter it just means that the farmers let it grow to long. People actually eat young lettuce, as it ages it gets more bitter.

• Maybe you should change up the fruits you eat to fruits that are a little sweeter and see how that treats you. Think possibly strawberries or blueberries instead of raspberries... bananas or cantaloupe instead of apples...

just try and see if the problem is solved. If not, it might be something else. What do you brush with? Do you floss?

I used to floss using those little "flossers" for kids (because I was dumb and didn't know how to effectively floss with just the floss and my fingers) and I was getting all sorts of canker sores, and then found out that it was because the plastic on the flossers was irritating my gums and mouth.

also if you eat after flossing or brushing, I noticed canker sores tend to pop up more so. I used to get them ALL THE TIME so I feel your pain...

but I'd definitely try switching the fruits, just as an experiment, to see if the problem goes away. IF it does, then try narrowing it down to which food exactly was causing it, by bringing just one of those foods at a time back into your diet.