Day Four

HI,

I am doing well on day four of my initial 30 day raw journey. But yesterday, last night and today I am having muscle spasms. It made it hard to work out today with the trainer. I am drinking lots of water, fruit in the morning including bananas, green smoothies, avocados, salads in the evening, nuts. I am taking a very potent extensive vitamin systym ( XX by Nutrilite), but I also in the middle of a cleanse. Is there something I can do to help the spasms? Thanks. Denise

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Upping your magnesium via either magnesium rich foods or acidified magnesium sources such as magnesium citrate or malate.

good luck on your challenge

• Green vegetables such as spinach are good sources of magnesium because the center of the chlorophyll molecule (which gives green vegetables their color) contains magnesium. Some beans, peas, nuts, seeds, and whole, unrefined grains are also good sources of magnesium.

Bread made from whole grain wheat flour provides more magnesium than bread made from white refined flour. Tap water can be a source of magnesium, but the amount varies according to the water supply. Water that naturally contains more minerals is described as "hard". "Hard" water usually contains more magnesium than "soft" water.

Foods High in Magnesium Serving Size Magnesium (mg)

Beans, black 1 cup 120

Broccoli, raw 1 cup 22

Halibut 1/2 fillet 170

Nuts, peanuts 1 oz 64

Okra, frozen 1 cup 94

Oysters 3 oz 49

Plantain, raw 1 medium 66

Rockfish 1 fillet 51

Scallop 6 large 55

Seeds, pumpkin and squash 1 oz (142 seeds) 151

Soy milk 1 cup 47

Spinach, cooked 1 cup 157