Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

cooked quinoa or dehydrated buckwheat?

Which would you choose as better health food? Is cooked quinoa better than dehydrated buckwheat? If eaten on a low fat diet which one is better.

Comments

• ive tried the cooked quinoa once, and i felt really light, not bloated and not dehydrated or tired after eating it, when i eat the buckwheat i get dehydrated and my mouth lips start to get dry and burn. I seem to get the dry heavy feeling in my stomach when I eat dehydrated buckwheat. In nutrition which of the two is better even if the quinoa is cooked does it matter if I still eat lots of fresh fruit with it? Isnt quinoa a complete protein? higher then any grain .

• The buckwheat is so good raw ,I seem to eat a whole bag all the time LOL

• Can some cooked food actually be healthier than raw foods?

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

i would choose cook quinoa

and cooked buckwheat. i dont really like dehydrated foods. im really thirsty after i eat dehydrated foods and sits really heavy on my stomach for along time

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

How about raw quinoa? I soak it overnight and make tabbouli, it's excellent. I just had some for dinner.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I would second that. Quinoa is one of the easiest grains to sprout (even easier than buckwheat I think). It's great in tabouli and dished with tomatoes. It's got a bit of a distinctive taste, so I prefer it with other strong flavors. I'm not sure if one is better than the other. Quinoa has a lot of great qualities and a wide range of amino acids. I prefer them every once in a great while, not a regular basis. I consume buckwheat more often, but that's probably just a taste preference on my part. As far as sprouts go, little baby red clover sprouts are still my favorite :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

You're still addicted to the thought of eating buckwheat? Weren't you supposed to be mono eating? I can't believe this is being asked again. I can't believe it.

• LOL I know superfood. I am eating mono Im eating tons of grapes. Im like getting this craving for it again. Im trying so hard not to eat it .I didnt give in.:) just asking if some cooked foods are healthier than dehydrated foods?

• but isnt raw quinoa hard to digest?

• what about sprouted lentils? are they easier to digest, are the acidic or alkaline on the body? And do they produce gas?

• When I have a craving, I remind myself it's just a mental craving, not a physical one. Stick with what makes you feel better. Everyone is different, tune into how a food makes you feel.

• I ate sprouted quinoa in the past few days. It gave me too much gas and I really didn't care for the taste. I think I would rather eat cooked quinoa, sprouted buckwheat oatmeal or sprouted lentils.

• I ate quinoa cooked before and i feel amazing eating it, way easier to digest than raw legumes. I get no gas, but has anyone expierienced bad side effects eating cooked quinoa . Like getting bloated , gas, acne? Is it a cleaner grain to eat than any other cooked food? Im guessing quinoa is better than brown rice, since quinoa has a higher protein value and lesser carbs.