Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you were going away what would you bring?

Ok so ...

If you were going away for a week or longer what are essential things that you would bring with you to insure that you are getting a sufficient amount of nutrients.

Also, would you bring accessories?

Any info or advice is great. I will be travelling frequently and I will utilize the resources of wherever I am going but in the circumstances that I cannot get fresh produce what do I do?

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I would bring workout clothes, a yoga mat, some dresses and shoes, some toiletries.

I assume wherever I choose to go (and make sure beforehand) has produce.

• I guess I was referring towards food...

I know I am gonna bring my mini blender to make smoothies...

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i usually bring a few pounds of dates. they are very calorie-dense and not to mention delicious! i also bring apples and bananas because they don't need to be refrigerated and are easy to eat on-the-go.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I wouldn't go anywhere I couldn't get fresh produce! Yikes! I guess if I had to I'd bring a dehydrated powder so I could get something green in me. But much better to bring a min blender and make smoothies from fruit and greens.

I like to bring hemp protein and chia seeds with me because they can be expensive and I get them in bulk at a better rate.

• M42M42

Hello Julian,

I took and would take mostly a bunch of nuts. You'll have to rely on the place you are going to provide raw foods, because you can't take enough for a week and keep them fresh for a week anyway. Nuts are a little harder to find raw, and they provide a lot of calories in case I can't find enough fruits and vegetables. Besides that I'd bring a few basic tools to cut and eat food.

Enjoy your travels,

Mark

• Check out previous threads about traveling while raw.

In general, powders and dehydrated foods are good bets. I travel all the time and bring lots of stuff with me. Larabars, Healthforce Nutritionals powders and seasoned sprouted and dehydrated nuts and seeds are always in my bags.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I would bring enough fruit for the first 3-4 days (lots of easy to transport food likes bananas) and make sure to buy more when I arrived so that it had time to ripen. I would also bring a small cutting board, a knife, and perhaps a blender.

I actually have a video on my blog about staying raw while traveling:

Swayze