raw broccoli or raw cauliflower

I want to try and make broccoli rice by putting it in the food proccessor . Do you think it would taste as good as cauliflower , and is broccoli easier to digest raw than raw cauliflower?

Comments

• Does anyone have any raw nut free broccoli recipes, im trying to add some veggies in my diet, because im gettig really tired of only eating fruit everyday. I cant stand having all that sweetness everyday LOL I get fed up . I want a nice plate of cooked quinoa, I feel that my body needs it , I try really hard not eat it im not sure if its a craving. I go towards that because its not sweet and its soo good:o I seem to digest it really well ,with no gas bloating nothing. I dont want to eat the raw broccoli and then get cramps bloated ,or even diahrea . What if i dont digest it. I mean if you want eat raw you need to be able to digest it well and get the nutrients absorbed, if not whats the point right? So you rather get sick not digest raw food, but not eat cooked whole foods and be able to absorbe and digest the food?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

It wouldn't be terrible to eat a plate of cooked quinoa--if you want to eat it, go for it. You can soak quinoa overnight and sprout it and eat it raw. You can also sprout and then cook it; it will still have a higher protein content than non-sprouted quinoa.

I actually find cauliflower easier to digest raw than broccoli. I find both easy to digest if I chop them and marinate them in a sauce overnight. I see no reason not to use broccoli as a rice substitute.

• Thanks for the advice!! I tried cauliflower, but i seemed to get alot of gas:S I love the taste :/ I used cuccumber noodles it worked well, then i used raw corn as like a grain in a salad:) It was delicious.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

watch with consuming raw broccoli and other goitergenic vegetables regularly as you will cause your thyroid to shut down and inturn hypothyroidism/low thyroid.

its the cooking that inactivates the goitergenic compounds so when eating raw you have to watch.

• So then its not safe to eat it raw, best way is cooked veggies?

not all raw vegetables contain goitrogenic compounds its mainly the cruciferous vegetables, and if you have low thyroid then eating these raw should be avoided.

if not then id say moderation is the key definitley not an everyday thing maybe even not an every other day thing. You really dont want to shut the thyroid down.

• Raw PassionRaw Passion Raw Newbie

It's finding out eating things raw can be bad for you that can make you wonder how good raw is for you lol,

I struggle to eat it raw anyway I recently tried an Ani Phyo Broccoli Brazil nut mash which I loved it's the only way I can eat it so far.

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I don't eat broccoli and cauli raw- it's unplatable to me- I gently steam them- and only eat organic ones- so this way they are truly wholesome. Frozen, processed ones eeek no.

there was a list of the raw foods that arent good for you raw someone posted up but i cant find it maybe someone else will chime in.

it depends on your personal situation i mean a couple times a week raw foods that contain goitrogenic compounds "probably" wouldnt lower thryoid function that much especially if you consume seaweeds/high iodine foods.

but if you were to suffer from low thyroid then its a bad move.

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I haven't thyroid problems luckily- just this blasted eczema- which I know will go when I have been high raw for a few weeks! My meals are going to be fruit smoothies, fruit, salads, raw nuts (probably in the salads) with some cooked pulses such as lentils and beans and a small amount of steamed sweet potatoes, cauli, broccoli, aubergines.

It'll be easier when I can afford to get an electric blender then I can make some of Jonsi and Alex's recipes such as their desserts and nut "cheeses" and pates. They even have a divine raw vegan lasagne!

if raw does work it will likely be a combination of relieving your liver from your normal diet and the high amount of nutrients, dont forget what i said other posts though about the adrenal dysfunction/liver toxicity connection if raw doesnt work out for you.

sounds tasty so many lovely raw recipes just takes abit of preparation.

my cousin had awful eczema from birth but has cured it from the above:).