Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Shopping List

My mother and I are going raw (for health reasons). We are going to the farmers market tomorrow and we don't have the slightest idea what to buy.:-P Can you all help me out? Any information on making the transition easier would be great as well :)

Comments

• Think 'RAIBOW'. (Organic) Baby spinach,oranges,lemons,strawberries, blueberries,dark leafy vegys,flax seed, garbanzo bean alfalfa seed for sprouting(high protein).

Watch amount of fruit you eat they are high in fructose(fruit sugars)

Lots & lots of purified water with fresh lemon juice in it.

Here is an excellent food & disease Reference Database:

http://www.healingfoodreference.com/

Heal with foods not drugs!

Peace,

Maggie

• Thank you so much! :D

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I disagree. Fruit is exactly what you should be buying, and LOTS of it! :)

Swayze

• nsns

You got to listen to your own body. There is no one formula for everybody. For some lots of fruits is perfectly fine, and it is really convenient. However, there is another group which cannot handle a large amount of fruits - somebody like me - and it is quite inconvenient because you can't just grab a bunch of spinach and eat it. I used to be borderline type 2 and bingeing on fruits was harming me. So you will figure out pretty quickly.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

The people who have problem with fruits are people who eat too much fat. I know of no circumstance where someone was eating10% or less calories from fat and had problems digesting fruit or problems with blood sugar.

You should get the majority of your calories from fruit, you don't have to overanalyze protein because if you get enough calories, you will get enough protein. you don't have to eat sprouts (if you dont' like them). green leafy vegetables are great and should be eaten in abundance. :)

• Thanks you guys! I'll do a lot of shopping again for both and see how my body reacts to the food :D

• lots of bananas! they are super cheap. nice easy way of getting your calories for the day without breaking the bank! plus they're delicious :)

when I know I'm low on cash I buy lots and lots of bananas to feed me for awhile :)

• swayze, i have been reading your blog and enjoying it very much. great info and tips. I did great yesterday and sort of 50% bad today. tomorrow, going to be good!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Tweedle, bananas are AWESOME! I eat them pretty much every day for breakfast and lunch. Tasty, easy, quick, and calorically dense! :D

scphotography, cool! Glad you're enjoying it. There's something Dr. Graham says in the Perfect Health Program about eating "bad" foods that I really like. I'm paraphrasing here:

"There's no good and bad when it comes to food. There are only consequences for your choices."

Swayze