Do you keep or remove your mercury fillings?

The new fillings that aren't mercury have carcinogens so they're still toxic. Supposedly, the only nontoxic solution is to remove the tooth. What are others doing? Leaving the mercury fillings or replacing them. I did have to replace two of the mercury fillings because they were leaking/getting too old. I use to have sciatica and read it's from mercury toxicity. After removing the first very large filling it went away immediately. Quite scarey. It wasn't removed properly. There was no rubber damn and I breathed all the vapors. (Now I wouldn't do that since I know the true risk.) I didn't have long term effects that I feel from that exposure.

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

i had a rather large amount of mercury fillings as a kid luckly the teeth grew out so i didnt need them to get removed.

i believe they contributed to my health problems at the time.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

I'd love to hear more on this as well, I have horrible teeth in that sense, I ALWAYS seem to get cavities and need fillings and this issue always bothered me, as a kid on cooked meat diet and now as a raw vegan even though I brush and all, my dentist says that it can be genetic as well, do non toxic fillings exist?

if you do feel you have a heavy metal problem 2 products that have helped me immensly are organic chlorella powder and brown seaweed extract(modifilan) it contains a compound which detoxes heavy metals and other toxins. very effective stuff it takes forty pounds of raw seaweed to make ONE pound of this high powered extract. also contains high amounts of an anti-cancer compound:).

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

leafygreen--the composites used as non-metal fillings have been getting safer; you may want to research what's out there now, or ask your dentist what s/he would use as a replacement so that you can learn more about it.

powerlifer--I am trying to detox from mercury, and I take Modifilan and chlorella. If you're taking this combination, would you mind telling me how much you're taking of each? I feel like I'm not making significant progress on the detox.

Nice one to hear your taking the same combo.

for the chlorella which i feel is doing the best job of the two, i use a heaped tablespoon(maybe abit more) twice daily. are you using the powder make sure its good quality and organic, alot of cheap chinese powders out there.

for the brown seaweed extract(modifilan) im just using a teapsoon to 2 teaspoons just now.

it will take some times, the chlorella takes a little while to work also.

• harpieharpie Raw Newbie

I wonder how did you find out they were leaking? ,was this a test from a doctor or did you buy your own test kit? Was it costly to have them removed?

• I had mine removed in Feb. from a very knowledgeable dentist. We sat down and had a good conversation about mercury toxicity, safe removals and the most bio-compatible composite fillings. I was not having any problems but was concerned about long term effects. After having the filling removed I did notice my short and long term memory has gotten much better! Also, I feel much clearer, having less "foggy" days. If you have good dental insurance you may be able to have it payed for. My insurance covered about 80% of the costs to have 6 fillings removed and replaced.