raw buckwheat

Hi im soaking buckwheat for 1 hour is it ok to eat it unsprouted, just soaked for 1 hour. Im really hungry and didnt buy any other fruit ,I bought yellow apples but im not craving them at all. I had grapes but they are all finished and they didnt have anymore organic at the store. So Is it safe to eat it raw ,soaked 1 hour?

Comments

• Anyone?

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

Sorry I don't know- never had it. Try typing in raw buckwheat and see what comes up- good luck!

• I love raw buckwheat but I do soak it overnight and usually sprout it before eating it

then I make a "porridge" with it adding some fruits in the food processor

I would imagine it would be a bit hard after an hour 's soaking

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I guess the mono meals didn't work out?

• yea ive been eating only grapes, but do you actually think it would be safe to eat only grapes everyday,for the rest of your life? wont I be missing nutrients?

I don't know, somehow people are "safe" eating eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast; caesar salad for lunch; and meatballs for dinner.

I wouldn't recommend monomealing the grapes for the rest of your life - but I thought you were trying to improve your digestion and such? I don't see how raw buckwheat would help that. Use common sense - is something you have to harvest, dry, soak, rinse optimal?

If nothing else, please eat some leafy greens when your body is ready for it. :)

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

sweet you cannot get all the nutrients your body needs on grapes alone- where are you going to get all your vitamins and minerals from? I recommend eating a variety of foods- sprouted beans, fruits, greens, vegetables, nuts and seeds- if you are 100& raw- if you are not also include some cooked pulses/beans and steamed root vegetables.

• My digestion improved . I dont get diahrea anymore or gas. the grapes did help. Now I just need to add in some veggies, but the raw cauliflour or broccoli was the problem that caused bad digestion. Would it be best to cook the cauliflour and broccoli? I find it easier to eat cooked veggies than raw, its easier on the stomach. Thanks for all the advice guys:)

• would it be bad to eat cooked veggies with fruit, I would eat so much more veggies, if it would be ok to eat with raw fruit. I used to eat cooked spinach, broccoli, cauliflour,peas etc. If I eat only raw fruit with cooked veggies, would it be a good diet for a lifetime?

It'd probably be a good diet but maybe not "the best" for nutrient intake. It's up to you. Better to eat cooked greens than no greens, I think. :) Peas and cauliflower aren't leafy greens; peas aren't even a vegetable.

• Is peas a legume? mabey then some broccoli:)

Yes, peas are a legume. Not that that makes them a worse thing than steamed broccoli. I was just sayin'. :)

• :D The thing is Im so used to eating raw fruit, that I dont know if it would be good to add in a little cooked broccoli or something. I didnt have cooked veggies in awhile. These days ive been living off mostly grapes . I have to say that my energy improved eating tons of grapes. I eat about 8 pounds a day . with some sprouts.I had raw corn 3 days ago with tomatoe and parsley, it was yummy:) I dont know if eating cooked broccoli everyday with your fruit, will cause gas, and bloating. superfood2 do you ever eat cooked veggie or quinoa?

No, I don't, but I don't have the desire to do so like you do. I like to be grain/seed-free as well. I love raw leafy tender greens as well, which you do not. :/

I would try eating your last grape meal maybe 3 hours before the broccoli?

• :D Mabey that would be a good idea since veggies take longer to digest. Does cooked veggies digest faster than raw ? Im mostly a fruitarian . I love fruit. I can eat it all day , thats why I dont bother eating and veggies, which I know I should eat. I do eat like cucumber , tomatoe mushrooms, corn sometimes, mung bean sprouts , and buckwheat. I didnt cook any veggies yet, because im trying so much to stay 100% raw. I feel if I eat the cooked veggie I wont feel the same Lol. Does people feel the same too?

I'm not sure about the difference between cooked & raw veggies and digestion time? maybe someone else has a link or info. :)

How long has it been since you had dark greens?

• hmm:) that last time I had romain lettuce was mabey a month and a half ago

yeah, i'd eat some greens of some sort soon. :)

• So if I eat cooked broccolli or peas etc. Will I still have nice skin and still detox with cooked veggies? I usually dont eate hot food,once cooked I rinse it under cold water ,im so used to eating cold food that I dont like hot food anymore. Will I still stay in shape by eating cooked veggies with alot of fruit?

I don't know.

• If you were to choose between the healthiest cooked food, which would you choose to eat? Cooked quinoa? or cooked peas?

Those are our only two choices? I'd pick steamed broccoli or baked sweet potatoes.

• mmm sounds good, I had peas today they were good, and then I had alot of grapes.

• Just wondering which is healthier for the body cooked peas, or raw dehydrated buckwheat.

I know superfood2 you must be thinking again with the dehydrated buckwheat:p

So which is healthier for the body?

• just wondering if cooked veggie,legumes are worse than dehydrated foods. Because I found that dehydrated foods sit in the stomach for a while, and they are dry:S