Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Craving deep fried crispy fish with vinegar and white rice

GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

:(

What can I eat/do to distract me from the craving.

Does anyone have any craving-beating success stories?

PS I've been doing really well on raw, then my eczema flared up and a few zits popped up as well :(

Comments

• kuritekurite Raw Newbie

Take your favorite fruit and eat as much as you can! When your full the cravings go away.

As for your eczema and zit problem. Can you tell me what you would eat on an average day?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Have enough fruit calories on hand!

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

When i get real bad cravings i usually have something a little more gourmet to help distract my cravings lol. I find i could eat as much fruit as i want and still be craving.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

"As for your eczema and zit problem. Can you tell me what you would eat on an average day?"

could be detox.

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

gulaygirl, I have chronic eczema and am detoxing. I know how bad this condition is. Often people crave food that makes them worse. Tell yourself if you eat this dinner you won't feel well! If there are other foods that are wholesome that you like treat yourself to those.My treats are hummus and organic crunchy peanut butter! Obviously not eaten together lol.

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

Hi Kurite.

Here's what I have on an average day.

For breakfast: a green smoothie - usually 4 bananas or plantains, green leafy vegetables, flax seeds or flax oil, dalandan (our local citrus fruit which is not as tart as an orange), and whatever fruit is available. Sometimes with coconut water and sometimes without.

AM Snack: Fruit

Lunch: Vegetables or fruit with cooked organic rice that's been soaked for a while

PM Snack: Fruit or nuts or seaweed

Dinner: Vegetables or fruit with organic brown or red rice

Everything's raw except for the rice.

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Hey gulaygirl, are you still suffering from eczema if so try find my other posts on this forum to cure it given from a great herbalist. A few here have found it very helpful in getting rid of there eczema.

If you cant find ill repost for you, its about building up the adrenal glands and taking care of mild liver stagnation/toxicity.

Hi powerlifter. It would be great if you can find the repost! I would appreciate it.

• harpieharpie Raw Newbie

avocado and a little salt.

gives you healthy fat and that saltiness you crave.

• susan121susan121 Raw Newbie

So.... I think I'll go ahead and commit goneraw suicide. I say have the fish if your body is really craving it. Having a meal of fish is not going to hurt you.... I know I'm supposed to tell you to eat raw all the time and things that aren't raw are bad for you... but that's just not true. Period. If you're craving that, have it. Chances are there's something in it that your body needs or you wouldn't get hung up on it. No, I'm not giving you a free pass to eat crispy fish every day for the rest of your life... but I can stand behind the argument that if you are really cravin something and you don't have it, you'll end up overeating on "raw gourmet" or noshing on high fat nuts or seeds to where the calories and fat and salt content would end up the same or worse.

GulayG1rl
  • harpieharpie Raw Newbie

(edited)

Carl lewis fastest human on earth, won his gold medals late 80's early 90's as a herbivore.

humans can live very healthy from fruits,vegetables, soaked nuts and seeds.

Thanks everyone. I think I may have found the missing piece in green smoothies:

http://gulaygirl.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-birthday-sergei-boutenko.html

(Warning: has a bit of religious content. May be offensive to others who don't share my beliefs).

• auntie_booauntie_boo Raw Newbie

Agree with Susan121! Sometimes its the cure! You get sick or you really really FEEL it and understand. You put your lower brain intouch with your higher brain c'est a dire. :)

• When I get the craving for something fried and salty, I try - optimal word - to have these kale chips on hand. They are really really good and the "cheesy" sauce make for a nice salad dressing as well. This is assuming you have a dehydrator.