coconut oil as facial cleanser

greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I've got some eczema on my face and even the Lush facial bar stings at the moment. I needed to cleanse off some eye make up and cream blusher and wondered if coconut oil would do it. I took a bit out of the jar, rubbed it into my face then wiped around with a warm flannel and the make up melted off really easily and didn't sting. I rinsed my face with cold water. I put some more oil on to further moisturise. Great results. :)

Comments

• Hey Greenwood, I use a Dead Sea Salt soap that is wonderful and extremely gentle. I don't have the name of the maker though :( I've heard Olive Oil is great for cleansing and would imagine Coconut Oil to be even better. Have you tried getting those Adaptogenic Herbs yet? I'm telling you - they were a life saver! I used to have terrible terrible eczema on my face. It was caused by food sensitivities to nuts, flax and garlic - oh and stimulants like cacao made it bad too (hence the adrenal dysfunction). Hang in there - I feel your pain.

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

"Hey Greenwood, I use a Dead Sea Salt soap that is wonderful and extremely gentle. I don't have the name of the maker though : "

The one sold here is full of additives, so won't use it.

"( I've heard Olive Oil is great for cleansing and would imagine Coconut Oil to be even better. "

I use olive oil soap in the shower- it is 100% pure olive oil made in Crete.

"Have you tried getting those Adaptogenic Herbs yet? I'm telling you - they were a life saver! I used to have terrible terrible eczema on my face. It was caused by food sensitivities to nuts, flax and garlic - oh and stimulants like cacao made it bad too (hence the adrenal dysfunction). Hang in there - I feel your pain."

I'm getting them when I get my next giro- I'm broke right now. I don't have food sensitivities to the ones you have- mine are sugar, soya, wheat, yeast, sweetcorn, bran, dairy.

But most of all it was additives in processed foods.

• I use coconut oil almost every night to remove eye make-up....it doesn't sting your eyes like the chemical removers do and it's the best natural alternative to remover. It might be helpful too to gulp down a spoonful of it too.

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

I wash my face with a gentle cleanser, then I use coconut oil as a moisturizer afterwards. It works great for me, and I have acne prone skin. I haven't heard of using it as a cleanser or eye makeup remover. I'll have to try it, great idea.

Best,

Laura-Jane

• I've used extra virgin coconut oil as a night time moisturizer and it worked really well. My husband thought I smelled yummy :). Now I use rosehip oil instead. It's a little bit lighter, and since using it, has evened out my skin tone. I still use coconut oil one-two times a week when I give myself a gentle facial massage. It feels nice, helps tighten my face, and leaves my face soft. Sometimes during the massage blackheads just come to the surface and come out on their own.

I also put a tiny amount of coconut oil on the ends of my hair (dry not wet) before I go to bed. I'm always getting complimented on how healthy my hair looks and I know coconut oil is the secret.

• If I know that I'm going to be showering the next morning, I'll do like Nell and put a bunch more coconut oil on the ends and even up to the roots of my hair before I go to bed. Always have used coconut oil on my body but never thought of a massage for the face....thanks Nell!

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I ran out of it and using olive oil at the moment- this is also good.

• I like to make face masks out of wheatgrass juice powder. I just mix a bit with water to your desired consistency (if it's too thin it's runny but it's actually kind of hard to spread if it's too paste-like) and smear it on my face. It takes a few minutes to dry and then I wash it off. I usually buy the wheatgrass powder in capsule form so I just open one up. This is what I have http://www.sweetwheat.com/store/wheatgrass-juice/sweet-wheat-large-capsules-60-count but you can also get the powder in a jar.