What do you do when you can't eat fruit?

I am so frustrated....I have been eating tons of fermented foods, supplementing with probiotics in addition to that, and I've cut out fruit. At first I cut out fruit for the most part, but any time I had anything with sugars in it (i.e. fruit) I would be in horrible pain. The left side of my intestines felt just awful...like being stabbed. I tested positive for candida and c. difficile a while back. I had other parasites/bacteria and had to go on antibiotics after being in the hospital a couple of times and then of course candida came along. I'm worried I am not getting enough variety, but any time I eat fruit I am in tons of pain. I started zeolites and really hope they help because I'm running out of ideas. I really don't want to do diflucan and have already tried Nystatin without improvement. I kept getting worse and then was told Kombucha is a big no-no because of the sugars still present. I thought it was the right thing to do because it has the sacro. b that can help with c. difficile as well as good bacteria but sounds like the benefits didn't outweigh the issues. Because I can't have fruit, I have to eat nuts and fats...if you can't have one you have to have the other. My hair is getting more fragile, but other than that everything seems *ok*.

I guess this really wasn't so much of a question as a rant :P Sorry. I'm just bored with my food. I loved being raw vegan and fruit is such a treat. Now I feel like I'm detoxing from the diet and zeolites (which makes me cranky!) and am hoping I can have my fruit again before the two flipping years some claim it takes to get rid of candida. Egads. Wow that was a lot of whining LOL.

Bucha Belly

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

What other symptoms do you have?

Do you have an iodine source at present, i.e do you consume seaweeds if not get them in you, rich source of minerals especially iodine, anti cancer compounds, prebiotic fibre and much more.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I eat tons of sea vegetables.

Primary symptoms are digestive (semi-loose stools with a lot of cramping beforehand and gas throughout the day, esp. after meals), fatigue, mild depression (tired of not being 100%), geographic tongue, slightly increased hair loss, and joint pain. I have lupus, but that has been in remission for a while. These symptoms are milder, although the digestive symptoms are pretty pronounced. Pain is primarily in the lower left quadrant, but sometimes up along the diaphragm/liver/stomach area. Things are way better than when lupus was active, but this is fairly uncomfortable and if I wasn't on low dose naltrexone for the colitis, it would be unbearable (if I forget the medication, I wake up in the night sobbing). Medication is something I'd like to not have to do one day, but for now it helps me be able to work full time and lead a fairly normal life. So far as they go, it is extremely low risk and works as an adaptogen.

I've started taking l-glutamine, digestive enzymes, activated charcoal (yikes), and a few other supplements as bandaids until I can figure out something that works. My diet is very strict raw vegan.

Oh, I also looked at bitters at the store, but the brand I could find had stuff I'm allergic to in it. I'll keep open to that though.

I've noticed my food intolerances are increasing and my allergies have been bad (lots of grass issues right now).

• Hi camiheartsraw! I'm having a similar problem. Right now, I can't digest fruit or fat - I get horribly bloated to the point I look pregnant and extremely tired. I did have candida a few months back, but was lead to believe it was gone. My food problems don't leave me much to eat that will actually make me full, and I have horrible cravings and depression. I was seeing an acupuncturist for awhile, but it didn't seem to be doing much for me. I've tried low fat high fruit, no fruit more fat, and even tried going back to some cooked foods but nothing seems to work for me. I'm going to be seeing a naturopath next week. I've been having really bad hormonal issues since coming off the pill last year, so maybe my problem has something to do with that. I'll let you know if I find anything out though that may help you!

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering Cami. I do hope you get better soon. I'm afraid I don't know what to advise on this- it's not something I know anything about. I'll be sending good wishes your way xxx

Thanks greenwood and erbalspice! I tend to get whiny when I'm detoxing, so maybe I'm doing something right ;) I need to blog more and get some rest and hopefully that will help with the emotional aspect.

Erbalspice - hormones are a struggle for me as well...my estrodial levels tend to be too high. Let me know what you find out and hope your naturopath helps! The pill can really screw things up.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

I hate to say it, but maybe Diflucan isn't such a bad idea? I only took it once, many years ago, but for me it worked quickly with no noticeable side effects--and I almost always experience the side effects of any given medication.

It also sounds like you might benefit from a gentle colon cleansing--maybe just adding a little psyllium or even chia seeds to your diet--along with some extra water?

And I found that zeolite helped me greatly with detoxing mercury. It did take a few weeks for me to feel better, but when I did--boy what a difference. I hope you have a similar positive reaction.