Food Dehydrator

Hi everyone, I’m thinking of getting a food dehydrator. I don’t want something too large or too expensive, From your experience what brand/model would you suggest? I would love to be able to make raw cookies (this website has many great recipes for that)!

Genny

Comments

• Me, too, I love that even though raw, we can still make all kinds of goodies in a dehydrator. I think basically 99.99% of all raw fooders who have a dehydrator, use the Excaliburs because it can function at lower temperatures and it has trays, and is just great quality. Mine will arrive on Thursday, so I have not used one yet and can not tell you from personal experience. But every raw food website has some mention or other of the Excalibur. Happy un-baking!

• Until I can afford to purchase one, I am just using the oven at a low temeperature of under 200. Right now I am dehydrating some sweet potato chips with tumeric, sea salt, and pepper drizzled with olive oil. I’m looking forward to tasting them!!

• I recently got the small 4 tray excalibur since we live in a small apt. and I love it! Bigger would of course be better but this works great for now. It’s very easy to use and I’ve been pleased with everything I’ve made. I made a carrot cake last night and removed all but one tray and dehydrated it for about 6 hours and it really made the texture perfect. Yum!

• That’s awesome lauralai! Did you use a recipe from this site? I’d be curious to try the recipe you did. I have been craving something like that!

• Yes I used this one http://goneraw.com/recipes/202-Carrot-Cake but didn’t put in grapefruit juice. I think I used like 2 cups of apples instead of the 1/2 cup. The fuji’s are just so nice and sweet!

I frosted it with a cashew frosting. Super good!

• I recently bought the 4 tray excalibur because there is only two of us. But I regret it now and wish I bought the 9 tray excalibur. The food comes out so good that you can eat it all up in one day with the 4 tray! Making many more with the 9 tray, like sundried tomatoes, flax crackers, etc. More is better!