Raw Teen: calories?

Hi everyone! Im a 16 year old newly raw [already] vegan. I wanted to know how many calories I should consume? I am a bit over 5'5 and weigh about 105 lbs. I am moderately active. Also if there are any other raw teens out there, any advice or tips about being raw would be great! Thank you!

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

About 2000 calories should see you ok, dont forget about iodine when raw most do and think they can get from fruit. Eat some seaweeds a few times a week.

Dont forget the b12 sublingual supplement, study recently i read showed raw vegans have higher risk of heart disease due to low b12 /high homocysteine.

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Do this:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

and let us know how many calories it says you need / day.

• Meee! I'm a raw teen. Definitely try making 'gourmet' raw foods to impress people and show off how awesome being raw is. I made a raw cake and everyone was like 'WOW, this is RAW?!". also, getting some friends to go vegetarian/vegan really helps going out and stuff. bring raw treats with you to the movies and stuff to snack on. :)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

heeyyy!! raw teen hereee :D

I have never worried about calories personally. If you just eat when you are hungry, lots of fresh fruit, veggies some avocado and nuts and stuff....calories are not that much of a concern. This is my personal experience..just thought I'd sharee :D