High Lead and thallium - a ha!

I've been sick for quite some time and struggling with intestinal/candida issues, amongst other things. I was recently tested for toxic metals, and I was very high for lead and thallium. Lead can be explained away - low exposures over the years could have added up. Old water pipes, hoses, paint, etc. The thallium is a mystery. It was banned in the US in 1972 in rat bait, etc. because it was so dangerous. I haven't had any heart stress tests or MRIs done, so I have no idea how I was exposed. Has anyone else been tested for toxic metals and had a thallium reading? I suppose it could be used in the high tech industry and we're exposed without knowing it...

Part two of this question...I'm on magnetic sulfates (I think that's what it's called - Adya Clarity) a precurser to zeolites. Does anyone know of any juice regimens or other supportive foods while I'm going through detox? My doctor doesn't want to do chelation, at least not yet, because he's afraid my kidneys won't tolerate it.

Finding this out is kind of exciting because it means I can get better, but it's also a little scary, or at least I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet.

Thanks!

Cami

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

The best tools for getting rid of metals are seaweeds(check the brown seaweed extract at my store which has high levels of alginates which bind to metals), chlorella, pectins(in fruit/vegetables) and NAC.

Im glad you've got to the route of your health problems, what kind of test did you do for the metals?

http://www.amlaberry.co.uk

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

Hmm...trying to recall the exact name. It was a urine test - 6 hour - and I took DMSA as a provocative agent (chelation). The DMSA was a single dose and landed me on the couch with a migraine and other symptoms. I'll check out the items at your store. Thanks :) It is nice to finally get some answers.

Ahh yes one of the better heavy metal tests cami, im glad you got some answers many go round in circles for years to decades not knowing the root of there intestinal/health problems. Did you manage to get this from your doctor or was it a private test out of interest?

The seaweeds are the best tool in my opinion but every other bit helps, high fibre also to eliminate the metals out the gut.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

I asked my doctor for the test. I was asked by a doctor to do one a few years ago, and am kicking myself a bit. I was so very sick at the time, so maybe it's best I'm finding out now as I've been handling the detox alright thus far. Just really tired.

Wow nice one i take it your not in the UK then? Well done though nice one.

You will feel worse at first but you will feel better, drink lots of water remember to keep things flowing:).

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

How awful Cami. It really makes me cross how these big companies poison our land, food and air. I wish you a speedy recovery x

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

Cami, as powerlifer mentioned, chlorella is awesome stuff for binding toxins. I used to get a big baggie of it for $5 from my acupuncturist to put in my smoothies and such. Just make sure your stools turn green. Otherwise, it's not "broken cell wall" variety and you are unable to digest the cell wall, so it's just passing right through you.

• NesNes

Detox:

1. Ginger Lemon Blast in the morning: parsley, cucumber, ginger, lemon, green apple, kale,

collard greens, carrot with leaves, some cayyane pepper. Juice and drink daily before any other food/drink. Will help clear parasites and set the body for the day.

2. I have been using Adya Clarity for 4 months, and the positive changes that happened for me are unmatched by any other product/cleanse I have done in my life.

First off, my strength has increased in my entire body.

Focus and alertness have risen.

Heightened ability to be active more hours in the day, and need less sleep.

My digestion is better, and stomach is stronger.

Skin has cleared up, and even fungus I had in my toes for years,

is starting to clear up.

Overall a sense of cleanliness is felt.

Adya will not kill friendly bacteria, it actually will only remove what doesn't belong in a healthy and balanced body. It restores balance.

I hear that www.ionNes is having a special until the end of October, 3 x 32oz bottles for $285 (includes shipping)!!!! You need to email them to get that deal.

nissim(at)ionnes.com

• Wheatgrass juice has been found to help remove metals from the body, too.

"Wheat grass juice can help remove heavy metals from the body."