My Fruitarian TV show

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=DPIKR7IH

It is finally here, and I just got to watch it. The series is called "My Life In Food" and the episode I was featured in is called " Extreme Diets".

Now there is a part where a "Doctor" says that one can only get the vitamin B12 by eating meats & dairy products, now this is just not true!

read this article (by clicking that link) & read below.

Vitamin B12 is a microbe -- a bacteria -- which is produced by microorganisms. Vitamin B12 is the only vitamin that contains a trace element -- cobalt -- which gives this vitamin its chemical name, cobalamin, which is at the center of its molecular structure. Humans and all vertebrates require cobalt, although it is assimilated only in the form of Vitamin B12.

If you are in the habit of eating unwashed veggies, these may contain small amounts of B12, as it is produced by microbes found in soil.

If we were all living the same as we once did one with nature, B12 would not be a problem. We foraged for fruit getting bacteria from plants all over our bodies, e gardened daily getting soil all over our bodies, we bathed in creeks, lakes, rivers & the ocean getting mineral rich water and soil all over our bodies... We have 1 billion-trillion tiny mouths which are called pores. They too eat, and if we were one with nature they would be eating all the b12 they would need, and no such deficiency would exist, even without eating meat, dairy & sea products....so get out there and start gardening folks, or even go to the hot springs near you :)

Enjoy the Show!!!

Comments

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

Not watched but will give it a look soon nice one:).

I agree although these days most fruit and vegetables is mass produced, full of chemicals that eating them unwashed doesnt sound like such a good idea. Especially as many of these chemicals/toxins are linked to so many problems.

If you have the luxury of growing your own organic veggies then thats different. Although back like you say most were eating meat anyway for there b12. It would be good to see a study which shows how much we can get from soil and unwashed produce.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

stylestacey, cool show! I just finished watching it. I wish that I lived in an area when I could forage for fruit just walking down the street. There aren't many opportunities in Toronto! I'm gonna have to move to LA soon to take advantage of that :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Wish I could see it! The video just keeps buffering and buffering... :/

Swayze

• here it is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/StaceyHeartsFruit?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/wU3EQCH5jFo

more B12 answers:

"B12 is not a microbe but a substance that is produced by microbes. Medical doctors don't have the slightest clue of what nutrition is, they get their training from the pharmaceutical companies. We don't need to eat dirt to get B12. If the soil is organic and void of pesticides, contains cobalt and microbes then there will be B12 available to the roots of the plants. The roots will pull up the B12 and there will be B12 in the plant. As long as we have sufficient intrinsic factor produced in our body we will be able to ingest this B12 from organic plants.

Sea products do not give us B12 but a pseudo-B12 which actually blocks real B12."

• Wow thanks. Started to watch a bit, gonna finish tomorrow after I get some sleep.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Awesome, that was great! Definitely a good model for the fruit world. You look so healthy and vibrant! :)

Swayze

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

that is so awesome! you are a great inspiration. :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

that is so awesome! you are a great inspiration. :)