Coconut versus Tree Nuts!

Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Is anyone allergic to Tree nuts that is also allergic to Coconuts?

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Is this even the same thing? My nephew is allergic to tree nuts, just wondering if he can have coconut.

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

The answer is he most likely can have them, but it's always possible to be allergic to both. Coconut is in the palm family and is a seed, not a nut. Nuts can come from several families, but I don't believe any come from the palm family. Calm is becoming a more common allergen according to my allergist, but it's definitely far from the top eight.

Thanks, I have been researching the net and it seems that coconut trees are not really even a true tree , so stands to reason the two are not the same. So any allergy to both would not be related.

• I'm allergic to coconut, durian, almonds, and most other nuts / seeds

the only thing i know, for sure i'm not allergic to, is leaf greens, and celery. i don't know about broccoli a flower.

I found sites that said the coconut is not a nut it is a seed/fruit. and that the plant is not a tree. So it is not a tree nut.

tested some on my nephew and got an all clear. which is good because he is running out of stuff to use on his skin. he mostly bathes in plain water because everything breaks him out.

Thanks for posting.