Green Juice Feast

I'm on day 2 of drinking nothing but green juice and herbal tea (and water). I've heard that you're supposed to do enemas...but I have ulcerative colitis and really don't think that's a good idea. How long can you juice without having to do an enema? I was thinking about doing the fast for 7 days...although I plan on seeing how I feel after three.

I do feel much better than I thought I would. Usually I'm dizzy if I miss a meal, and I haven't felt that so far.

Comments

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ive done near 30 fasts and heres my fave fasting expert :

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm

* people say that about enemas but to me whatever an enema eliminates would be eliminated naturally any way . but maybe if the enema was something that heals like they say wheatgrass juice enemas or others do maybe it helps . maybe aloe vera juice also . and have you ever seen where many people have healed ulcers with raw cabbage juice . ive also g.i. tract issues and find my best diet is alot of fruit and raw greens with a mild non spicy dressing . maybe green smoothies would help you , ive been a raw foodist past 5 years and have seen thousands of people i confer with on line live on them

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

The link is very helpful. Thank you. Do you have any recommendations on coming off of a fast? I noticed I was hungry this morning, but took in some fluids and was fine, so I think I will continue. Hopefully my tongue will clear up quickly. I'm not nearly as hungry as I was before the fast though (I ate all the time - still around or under ideal weight).

I've found fruit can lead to bad stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting if I have much in my diet. I have severe candida issues, so that may be part of the problem, but perhaps I just do better with greens and higher fat than most. I've been scared to try wheat grass because I'm allergic to both wheat and grass (and wheat is related to grass soooo...). It may be silly...lots have found it healing...

• I'm not an expert, but I do believe in listening to my body. If you are allergic to wheat and grass, wheat grass will probably not be healing to you, even though it is to others.

Perhaps a raw vegetable soup or a big green salad would be an easy way to come off a fast. They always set well on my stomach after fasting.

I was thinking about a salad, but was dumb and ate some olives instead. Yay me! Oh well :) Salad tomorrow!

I have to say I feel a lot better after doing a short juice feast! My stomach was bugging me and it just seemed like the right thing to do. Now I'm actually craving raw foods and not sweets (well. maybe a tiny bit). I love the side effect of having a flat stomach, although with my psycho metabolism I lost all the weight I could spare in 3 days.

Lessons learned:

Have at least 3 quarts of juice on hand at work and have a glass full at all times. Especially during meetings! (I would have lasted longer if I didn't have a 3 hour stretch of meetings that made me feel VERY hungry and a little dizzy).

Monomeals are best after the fast.

I think I'm allergic to macadamia nuts because I had plant fats the first day off the feast without issues but the second day simple macadamia salad dressing had me feeling as bloated as a blimp and I was blowing the cushion off my chair at work (lovely, I know). I was so self conscious when my boss sat next to me on the public transit bus. I need a new G.I. tract and immune system :D

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

I think you had the nuts too soon after the fast. I like to monomeal on lettuce the first few meals and then melon the next few, and then oranges. I wait 3-5 days before eating nuts. Everyone is different, though.