Feeling high after drinking coconut water ...

Has this happened to anyone before? I drank the water from a mature coconut and 20 minutes later I felt high! It’s been an hour and I still feel WONDERFUL!

Comments

• You know something, this morning I was feeling quite down an unmotivated, basically ratger crappy. I opened a coconut and drank all the water and a few mins later I was feeling T-riffic!!!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i’ve been making a very raw spicy coconut soup, with the water and meat from young coconuts, and it definately gives me a zing! i love it!

• Goji berries and Vitamineral Green does this to me also! Glad to know I am not crazy!

• It’s because coconut is high in medium-chain triglyercides aka medium chain fatty acids. Basically these fatty acids are quickly metabolized and converted into energy rather than being stored as fat.

I used to drink a coconut shake every morning for breakfast (meat and water of a young coconut) and it always got me going. I made the mistake of having them a couple of times at night close to my bedtime and I wasn’t able to fall asleep at a decent time.

• Well it looks like I’m having a coconut for breakfast for now on!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i read coconut water stimulates the thyroid, so maybe that’s why you get a boost of energy. yummy.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

coconut water always makes me feel better when Im down in the dumps. It is full of electrolytes and which totally refresh the body. Get outa the way gatorade! All you do is just raid the body and infest it with large amounts of refined sugar :( Oh well, dont worry be happy, the coconut water is here to save the day :)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Heehee… humanimal, I just pictured a goofy coconut flying through the air, cape streaming out behind it…

Vivid imagination. It’s fun. ;o)

Jen

• That so funny! I felt like I had a buzz after eating spirulina.

• That’s interesting. I have never felt energy spikes or euphoria after consuming raw foods, but it’s nice to know that some people do. Maybe one day I’ll have that experience. Writeeternity- what type of spirulina did you have? I only saw pill form at Trader Joe’s.