Which nuts can I buy at a regular store as raw and they really are raw?

I know I have to special order almonds, cashews, and I believe brazil nuts but what about walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans? What about flaxseed, pumkin seed and sunflower seed? Thanks so much!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Since I get hazelnuts locally here in the Northwest, I know that the source I get is raw. I have talked to a few farmers and they have all said they were raw, but those were small local companies. I think the best idea is to get in touch with the buyer for your local coop or get brand and contact them. That's the only way to be sure. I personally tend to assume most pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax are raw if marked that way, but it's because I trust my coop on labeling. The even buy "really raw" almonds as well for raw foodists.

• Pame'laVik'toriaPame'laVik'toria Raw Newbie

I am in canada and we have superstore. I buy all my groceries there. And in the last year, they have all kinds of raw nuts and seeds in the snack section and for cheap. And I buy lots of raw stuff in the bulk section. I'm surprised I only spend about $50 on groceries a week. It's cheaper to be raw! And i take almost nothing for suppliments, maybe $5 a month.

• The local whole foods here has almonds that say "raw", I hope they are not misleading me