Green Smoothie Cleanse Starting August 5th

Hey everyone! I want to start a smoothie cleanse on August 5th going for hopefully 10 days. Anyone want to join? I'm going to include whole organic fruits and green smoothies. Right now I'm going to eat clean until August 5th to prepare.

Comments

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

So you are eating just green smoothies and also fresh fruits? For this, I will join you. I mean... I'll be doing it anyway haha.

• I've sort of decided to up my commitment by doing a juice cleanse for 10 days. Nothing but fresh fruit and veggie juices and water. I'll probably do a laxative tea at night to help the cleansing process along. Anyone else interested in joining me? I've never gone this long so I would love a buddy!

• Ericaswfs, I'll join you in a juice feast from Friday 5th. Don't know for how long so it'll be day to day. If I can go for 14 days I'll be real happy. This is my first juice feast. Im doing nothing but fresh fruit and veggie juices and water. Good luck!

• This sounds interesting to me but I have a question... why? I know that may be a stupid question to those of you who have been raw for a while but I don't understand the point of this sort of occassional fast. Please help me understand the benefits of it.

Thanks much and best wishes,

Michelle

• Bajan, I guess I'm doing it just for the experience. As I said in my post, I have never done a juice feast before. And I'm not fasting in the strictest sense of the word since I'll be consuming juices, which is food.

• Bajan, a juice feast is a great way to set the "reset" button on your system. If done for a longer period of time, it can refresh your tastebuds and flush out your system. Juicing is a great way to get instant access to all the nutrients your body needs. I've been off track for a little while now and I wanted to do one to get myself back on track. I'm ending day 2 as we speak. It was a bit rough today, I had a lot of tiredness and headaches. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm also taking a "smooth move" tea at night to help along the cleansing process. How's everyone doing?

• Thank you both for your perspectives. I totally get the need to press reset sometimes. I'll join if for no other reason than to offer encouragement to you but I won't be able to start until the 6th. I'm traveling at the moment and my juicer (I really miss it) is at home :( Please share some of your favorite juice recipes. I'll post one of mine on Sunday when I get back home.

Cheers,

Michelle

• glad to have you on board Michelle! It's the beginning of day 3. I just finished making my juices for the day as I'll have to bring them to work with me. I work in a restaurant so this will be my first big challenge with smelling all the food all night.

Today's juices are:

Pineapple, Papaya, Romaine

Pineapple, Blueberry, Cucumber, Celery, Romaine

and a batch of pure watermelon juice

I need to run out to get more oranges and spinach so I can make my favorite all time juice for tomorrow:

Oranges, Lemon, Spinach, Strawberry, Ginger

So far I am down 1lb since I began and starting to feel the buzz. I hope smelling all that food tonight isn't going to make me crazy!

• Erica,

You are making me hungry just thinking about those wonderful combinations! :) I'll report back when I've gotten started.

Best wishes,

Michelle

• I failed to prepare today but I definitely wasn't prepared to fail. :) I didn't take any juice with me to work so I had to water fast until I got home. I work from 7am -3.30pm usually. At this point I'm home and have had 38 oz of watermelon juice so far.

I want to do a gallon(128oz) before I go to bed tonight but I don't know if I'll be hungry enough in the time left. We'll see.

Erica's got some mouthwatering stuff going on there. :) I hope you stand strong at your workplace. That's really got to be hard with the smell of food all around. Good luck!

Bajan, hurry back and ramp up that juicer, lol! Are you from Barbados btw, hence Bajan?

I haven't been on this site in a long while and I've noticed now that I have to do a word verification after every post. You guys have to do that too? It's a little irritating. :(

• Ultra,

Congrats on holding strong! Yes, I am from Barbados (a.k.a. paradise). Most of my life has been in the US but Barbados will always be my 'home'. I love water melon water too. I'm shutting down until I'm home so I'll be back then.

BTW... yes. I have to do the word verification also.

Cheers :)

• Michelle>>Barbados (a.k.a. paradise)

Nice!

So far today I've had grape, watermelon, lime, green pepper, carrot, apple, tomato juices in various combinations. About 75oz.

• Oranges, celery, spinach, lime, apples, yardlong beans, tomatoes. About 60oz.

The long beans didn't give much juice but I got them from my garden so no biggie. I like to eat them raw that's why I planted them.

• Ultra, sounds like you're doing great!

I'm in the middle of day 5 today and so far have been feeling great. I just miss chewing a lot, but am definitely satisfied by all the delicious juices! I'm going to start to incorporate avocado and blended bananas into my juices on day 9 and 10.

Work was definitely a challenge, but I made it through! I only have two more days left of my cleanse at work so hopefully it won't be too hard.

I'm feeling great and experiencing lots of energy and a flat tummy. which is definitely the best part about juicing.

Today my favorite was spinach, romaine, pinneaple, lemon, and apple YUM!

• I'm home again! I have had a year of constantly traveling and it's so good to be home for a while. I get to stay here for 2 months before I need to get on the road again. I have a bit of jet lag and slept for way too long today. I had some of my morning pick-me-up (green lemonade) made with kale, romaine, spinich, apple, ginger, cucumber, carrot, and lemon. Later I had some coconut water and tonight I will have some watermelon water.

Erica, great job! I'm going to try your combo tomorrow b/c it sounds great!

Ultra, your combo sounds good too.

Cheers ;)

• I've had about a 11/4 gallon of juices yesterday. I am starting to crave bananas and mangoes. Pity these can't be juiced. I'm going to still try to keep juicing though and hopefully the cravings will go away. Gonna try to buy some pineapples today after work.

nice going Erica. Flat tummy is the best part :).

I've found, a while ago, that my health is directly proportional to the flatness of my tummy, and I use that(among other things like blood tests etc.) to guage the status of my health. If my tummy is flat to concave my health is excellent, but the moment it starts to grow outwards my health starts deteriorating.

Bajan, nowhere like home:) Coconut water is super great!!

• Very hungry right now! I started with my normal green lemonade and lots of water through the day. Mid-day I had some orange-pineapple juice followed by more coconut water. Tonight I will have some delicious Melonade (tastes like fruit punch)!

How are you guys doing?

Cheers....

• I am doing ok. Yesterday I had orange and cantaloupe all day(not mixed).

• I'm going to end my juice fasting today. I did 5 days and it was great. This was my first time and I don't think it's going to be my last. I'll do smoothies for two days then back to fruits and leafy greens. Good luck everyone!

ps I'll hold a press conference at 2pm so fans can ask me all about this incredible journey of juice fasting that I just undertook. ;) D

• Congrats on five days! Since I began late, I'm going to continue on. I have to admit that it's tougher than I thought it would be but I'm it's a great experience. I'll check back in later.

Cheers ;)

• Thanks, Bajan! Good luck with your juice fasting.

• Today I will start to add smoothies back into my diet. I have to admit that this juicing fast has been more difficult than I expected but I'm very glad I did it. Years ago a fasted for 2 solid weeks... completely no food, just water. That was easier than this. Perhaps because I'm older now and my body is different. Perhaps because when I was on a complete fast, I was able to push any thought or temptation out of my mind. At any rate, this has been a good experience for me mentally and phyically I do feel clensed. I've lost 3 pounds since I started this 5 days ago. Prior to that I had been traveling so some of it is just retained water weight that I always get when I travel. Part of it is from the juicing. I've consumed tons of coconut water (very cleansing), melonade, and green juice with lots of cucumber. I've also focused on juicing carrots, apples, leafy greens (lots of kale), oranges, and grapefruit. I experimented with some new combinations. Some were successful and others where definately yuck! Thank you ladies for this opportunity.

BTW... I posted a blog update. Let me know what you think if you get a chance.

www.JustLivingFoods.com

Cheers :)