How do I make a whipped cream from nuts that is actually light and whippy?

Hello Raw Family! I'd like to know how to make a whipped cream from almonds that is light and whippy. I have a Vitamix w/the wet and the dry blade containers. My food processor broke tho :( Is there certain equipment that works best? I just had an idea as I was typing. Would a hand mixer pump enough air into the cream to whip it if I make it slightly thick...not too much H2O? Hmmmm I don't have a hand mixer yet, but I think I'll buy one soon!. But if anyone has ideas, please post. :)

Comments

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

A small amount of Irish moss will lighten up the mixture a little bit. :)

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Someone also answered you on Twitter. Their suggestion:

Try adding coconut milk. It's all about the ratio and then let it chill in fridge and re-whip.

• yayyy!!!!!!!!! Thank you Achin and Candace! I will try them both! Frst I'll try blending, chilling, then whipping raw young coconut meat! Then later on I'll buy some Irish moss! :)

• I just reread your comment Candace. If this works w/coconut MILK that'd be even better! Thanks!

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

But how did it turn out?? Inquiring minds want to know. 

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

Here is a link to a website that shows you step by step how to make the coconut milk whipped cream...with a hand mixer. You could do this by hand with a whisk but your arm will be very tired smile

http://ohsheglows.com/2012/08/30/coconut-whipped-cream-a-step-by-step-photo-tutorial/

TammiTrue

Now that looks fluffy, Janace. What is the density like? Is it light or more like something you could sculpt with? Either works for me. I'm just thinking of recipes it could go with. 

• JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

It depends on how much of the liquid you add back in. If you want it thicker you could strain it.

TammiTrue

Thanks! I'm going to start experimenting with getting it perfect. 

Janace