Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Using Hypnosis To Stay Raw!

the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

I have been a raw foodist for a number of years. It wasn't an easy transition! It may have happened overnight for you, but for many, myself included, it was an uphill climb. I used hypnosis to quit smoking before I had even discovered raw food. One day while I was struggling to stay raw, I came across those old hypnosis downloads. If I could quit smoking with hypnosis, couldn't I quit cooked food?! Given my addictive personality, it all made sense! And guess what? It worked! I used a few different audios based on success and self-control. I also added weightloss audio which helped with self-control in association with food. I found a few online that were great. 

You can google "hypnosis mp3" or a similiar search and find tons. There are some free downloads on google, which are usually only 5 minutes, but they could help. You can also record your own. I went to the library and found books on it and changed the scripts to aplly to raw foods and then recorded them. I didn't like the sound of my own voice... it was weird! (The best hypnosis audios are the ones where the guys have great, mysterious accents... and then you see their picture and the mystery is ruined ;)

So, I am looking fo input. Have you tried hypnosis for raw foods or any addictions? Why would you or wouldn't you try it? My family thought I was crazy, but after reading numerous books on it (inluding the "Hypnosis For Dummies" which sucked) I was no longer scared. I am getting my wisdom teeth out this year. I am morally opposed to anesthesia and I have now decided to use "pain management through hypnosis" when I go under the knife. I will let all of you know how that goes!

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

As a teenager I used to get terrible exam nerves and my dad gave me a hypnosis video to combat stress which I found extremely useful. I'd watch it the night before my exams (or any other stressful situation) and it chilled me right out. Occasionally watched it in bed if I was having trouble sleeping.

I've also used an mp3 to help combat over eating which I know is a weakness of mine. Haven't listened to it in a while but I think it did help me. Hypnosis can be really helpful in so many different circumstances.

You're very brave to try it for the wisdom teeth - good luck!

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

The "new age" movement gave hypnosis a bad name! At least in my family's home. They are very religiuos and believe that hypnosis is witchcraft. Can you believe that?? Its an actual science! Its been proven effective over and over in clinical studies! If they only knew how the military was using it.... Anyway, in my studies I found that they used pain management for all sorts of ailments, including people on their deathbeds so they may enjoy the last few days of their lives pain free. Yes, I am excited for the wisdom teeth. I'm having trouble finding a dentist that will allow it. The closest one is two states away. But the procedure is cheaper without the anesthesia. So, maybe a roadtrip is in order. I have never met anyone who has used hypnosis in surgical procedures. Maybe its just not that common. I read a book from the 60s on hypnosis. It ended with a chapter on how hypnosis was going to take the medical profession by storm in the coming years. It would change therapy, surgery, medicine, everything. Well, here we are 50 years later and the medical industry is run by pharmecutical companies witth deep pockets. Raw foods, hypnosis, fasting. It makes sense to me, but for some reason the general public wants everything in a pill. A MAGIC PILL TO SOLVE EVERYTHING. People are stupid. I have lost all hope in humanity.

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

I personally had a very bad experience with hypnosis, and the unseen world, I would stay away no matter what. It is not a toy for you to get over things. Therapy, would be much better. Just can't play with what goes on "behind the scenes".

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

Hypnosis is a form of therapy. Self hypnosis is easy to teach yourself and effective in use. I have used it for years. I have felt no side effects save positive ones. I am more assertive, I have stronger willpower, and I am no longer a smoker or on a SAD diet. Before I ever began using hypnosis, I studied the science behind it. I read books on experiments, history, how-to, even nay-sayer accounts. I would love to hear from other people who have had negative or positive results. What happened to make you swear off hypnosis? Were you seeing a hypnotherapist or doing it on your own? Did you write your own scripts?

• Hey,

How long does it take to work?Do you have to do it daily?Has it worked long-term for you?

Thanks

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

I used to use hynposis for procrastination. I wouldn't say it was a miracle cure, but I did start to procrastinate less often and less intensely. I think part of it stayed with me. I wish we knew if using it for raw foods worked in the long run. 

TammiTrue
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Have you tried anything like this:

Raw Food Guided Meditation (Detox Hypnosis Relaxation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atInVRxrtiU