Serving Sizes?

CindySCindyS Raw Newbie

I'm brand new here and am doing the 30 day raw course, which I plan to start on November 1st.  I was reviewing some of the recipes and was just wondering if the number of servings was strict.  Such as the oatmeal recipe, it says 3 servings.  Does that mean we have to split it into 3 servings or can we eat as much as we want?  Thanks and looking forward to this new way of eating!

Best Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

I think it's more of a recommendation. Everyone has their own personal dietary requirements.

Welcome!

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar
    Answer ✓

Great question - generally, if the recipe is only eaten once during that day or the next few days, you're good to go to eat as much as you want.  We don't want you to go hungry!

Occasionally, there will be a large recipe (example, entire batch of brownies) that will be eaten for dessert over multiple days, but that should be obvious. 

The serving size is mostly there to help people understand how to count calories (if they are counting calories, which you don't need to do when taking my plans.)

Answers

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Hi Cindy. Welcome!

There is a feature that lets you adjust serving sizes, so I don't think they are set in stone. They're just a general guide. 

CindyS
  • CindySCindyS Raw Newbie
    I guess my question was more are we limited to the recommended serving size, or do we eat until we are full?

I knew the expert would drop by with a more thorough answer. :)

CindyS

Thank you!  That definitely answers my question! :-)

ClaireT

Did you manage to start by the first of the month?  People post pretty regularly, so don't be afraid to ask more questions. smile

CindyS

I did not have a chance to do the grocery shopping that I wanted to, so I'm going Friday and will start doing my food prep over the weekend.  I'm really looking forward to starting, as I know I will feel much better.  It's definitely a matter of getting mentally ready also!  I will keep posting for sure and enjoying reading others people's journals for inspiration.  Thank you for all your help thus far!  smile

Harmony1

Sounds like you have a plan. :)

Keep us posted 

CindyS