Almond Pulp Butter

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has made almond butter out of the leftover almond pulp from making nut milk. I read somewhere that if you dehydrate it, then blend it, it'll make nut butter. Is this true?

ClaireTHarmony1

Comments

• Following this thread as I would like to know how to do this also.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

There is one way to find out!

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Would you have to put some sort of oil back into it to get it to turn into a butter? I assume the oil is stripped from the pulp.  

• FeeFee Raw Master

I agree with TammiTrue about needing extra oil, the pulp I get is never oily at all BUT it does make quite a good flour once dehydrated and ground up. I've made a nice cheesy spread though by adding oil, herbs etc to wet oulp.

TammiTrueClaireTHarmony1

The cheesy spread sounds good. I'll have to see what I can come up with the next time I have almond pulp in the kitchen. 

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Has anyone tried the almond pulp recipe for cookies on here? I'm thinking that they might be the perfect thing to serve Santa on Christmas Eve. 

• juicinjackiejuicinjackie Raw Newbie

You might like this recipe, which uses mostly almond pulp and flaxseed to make a tasty bread or wrap.  I bet it would be great with the cheesy spread!

https://www.therawtarian.com/community/recipe/raw-multi-seed-nut-breadwrapscrackers

TammiTrue

It's on my to-eat list. Thank you for the suggestion!