Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sore Breasts

DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I have been eating 95% raw since April of this year.

The last four weeks I have had quite painful breasts. It is the same pain as I used to get before my period (since I’ve been eating raw, I have no period pain or tender breasts like I used to).

Also, my breasts have gotten bigger.

I am not pregnant! I did a pregnancy test today. And I’m not putting weight on anywhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Some things I think may be causing it:
1) I have a Mirena coil fitted which releases hormone. Possibly the coil is clashing with my now balanced hormones?
2) When I was in my teens I had very large breasts although I was slim. In my twenties I put on 2 stones in weight. Then I lost the weight and also lost my breasts. Possibly my body is reverting back to how it was? (I am now 28 by the way).

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi cheerydeb, Some thoughts off the top of my head:

1) take at least 2 more pregnancy tests about 2 days in between, or until you get your period. Sometimes you can be pregnant and not have it show up the first few tests you take. It is rare, but it has happened to more than a few women that I know.

2) It could very well be the Mirena. I actually had to have mine removed shortly after having it inserted about 3 years ago. It made my hormones crazy. If your body is not in balance, it could be conflicting with this.

Let us know how things work out. I wish you well!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Thank you spiritedmama.

I have had a period in the last week. But will do more pregnancy tests just in case.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Before my last period and now coming up to the next one, I had also had quite tender and enlarged breasts. I don’t normally have this. I think it’s related to the change in my diet since changing over to winter and eating more seeds.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I went up 2 bra sizes in my first year raw as I shrunk down couple of dress sizes everywhere else. I bet you are as pleasantly surprised as I was. They have stayed that big aswell. I think it was my hormones and body straightening out that did it. I also have regular periods for the first time in my life. Raw Food is amazing isn’t it? And much less hassle than a boob job!!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Thank you sweetpea and Zoe for your replies =)

Zoe, how long have you been raw?
    Did you experience painful breasts during the time they grew bigger?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Cheerydeb, I have been raw nearly 3 years, 100% for 2 of that. They only hurt for a week or so before a period, and that stopped happening maybe 3 months ago.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

DeborahBee, Zoe: This is an old post but I have a question regarding breast size. I am asking as a person who has insufficient glandular tissue (IGT) and is unable to breast feed 100% (no matter how many children I have and no matter how many herbs I take).

I posted this question a long time ago, here. (the only update is that I do have IGT): https://www.therawtarian.com/community/f/discussion/12835

The details are there, but my questions are: Did you have children before or after or while your breasts grew? How was breast milk supply before/after going raw?

Zoe said:

I went up 2 bra sizes in my first year raw as I shrunk down couple of dress sizes everywhere else. I bet you are as pleasantly surprised as I was. They have stayed that big aswell. I think it was my hormones and body straightening out that did it. I also have regular periods for the first time in my life. Raw Food is amazing isn’t it? And much less hassle than a boob job!!

I have been eating 95% raw since April of this year.

The last four weeks I have had quite painful breasts. It is the same pain as I used to get before my period (since I’ve been eating raw, I have no period pain or tender breasts like I used to).

Also, my breasts have gotten bigger.

I am not pregnant! I did a pregnancy test today. And I’m not putting weight on anywhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Some things I think may be causing it:
    1) I have a Mirena coil fitted which releases hormone. Possibly the coil is clashing with my now balanced hormones?
    2) When I was in my teens I had very large breasts although I was slim. In my twenties I put on 2 stones in weight. Then I lost the weight and also lost my breasts. Possibly my body is reverting back to how it was? (I am now 28 by the way).