Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Which food processor?

FeeFee Raw Master

I have come to the conclusion that my food processor is a waste of space - it is useless! It can't even puree courgette/zuchini and red pepper to make hummus. So I want to buy myself a new one - it is my Birthday tomorrow and I know I'm getting some money - so what processor do people have and which would you recommend. My current one is a Kenwood.

many thanks and Happy New Year! 

Fiona 

TammiTrue

Best Answer

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master
    Answer ✓

I'm still using a Cuisinart that might be one of the oldest things I own. I think it is from 2005. I can't comment on the current ones, but I will say the ones Cuisinart made back then have stood the test of time. 

Answers

• FeeFee Raw Master

I have seen a Cuisinart one I quite like so it is helpful to hear from someone who has one Thanks :-)

TammiTrue

I'm happy to help smile Which one have you been looking at?

Nice! It makes me want a new one just because laughing

Fee
  • FeeFee Raw Master

Well I ended up buying something totally different! A poor man's Thermomix from Lakeland as I still eat a lot of cooked food. I'm trying to get back to raw again but with everything else happening in my life at the moment it is a bit slow!! It works well as a processor though - I made the best raw brownies ever in it last weekend! Thanks for your help and advice though laughing

Harmony1
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

If it can make raw brownies it can't be too bad of a food processor laughing How have things been, Fee? 

• toddhtoddh Raw Newbie

I have a Cuisinart toaster and a Cuisinart food processor; they work greatly.

Fee
  • FeeFee Raw Master

Thanks Toddh - I think if I ever buy another one cuisinart will be the way to go.

Well Harmony - where to start... In Novemeber we moved 200 miles from North England to South England and are still looking for a house to buy - each one we have made an offer on has gone to someone else. I got a job as a higher level teaching assistant which I started in January but when I started that wasn't what I was doing - I was given a timetable which was whole class teaching the whole time but being paid peanuts. I was so miserable there that with the additional hormones from unexpectedly finding I was pregnant in January started me off on a downward spiral into depression (which I am prone to) and I was signed off work from the job and handed my notice in. I started teaching full time and being paid for properly at another school which I am loving apart from having had no voice hthis week. Things are improving and I'm feeling a lot better. I have ordered myself a new raw cookbook to help get me back on track (I really really don't need any more but it seemed like a food way of helping

ClaireT
  • FeeFee Raw Master

Good way of helping I meant!

i'm doing much better now thanks though. How are things with you?