Mini Blenders for Travel

RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I have both a vitamix and blendtec and am very satified with both of them. However, I would like to have a small blender to keep at work and travel with. I want something that I can use to make green smoothies as well as pates, etc. I am considering the Tribest PB 200 and the Magic Bullet that comes with the juicer and blender.

The real positive about the Tribest is that you can use glass mason jars right on the blender. You can also purchase a traveling case. The Tribest uses 200 watts.

The Magic Bullet comes with more pieces, but I have heard of leaking problems from some of the comments I read about it. Actually, I borrowed my son’s Magic Bullet and it leaked. I read something about gaskets after I returned it to him, but I am going to see if that is the issue. He has had his for less than a year and does not use it very frequently.

I am unsure of the wattage on the bullet. I would appreciate your input, especially if you have had experience with both of them.

Comments

• Thanks for the info.! I checked out both products, and I agree with you that the Tribest looks to be the better product. I’m thinking about getting one myself.

Let me share my favorite food travel backpack with you: It’s the Picnic Time Turismo. This backpack is well insulated and fits snugly. It has an insulated bottle holder which can be removed from the backpack and has a removable carrying strap. The Turismo easily fits a rectangular-shaped grocery bag such as Trader Joe’s woven plastic one inside the main compartment. I use rectangular-shaped Glass Lock containers and a gel cold pack.The Turismo is perfect for traveling, or a bike ride/picnic! I use mine for my work commute, which I sometimes do on my bike, and I LOVE it! It’s also very affordable, retailing for around $35.

• ive had experience with the bullet and there were always problems. if i wanted to blend soup (when i was a non rawist) it would pour out because of the heat. if i wanted to blend up something small like baby food, it would pour out because there wasnt enough food. heavens it would pour out all the time. my mother got a bullet and she ended up having to send it back. the motor was so weak it blew out in a couple of uses.

i think the tribest would be better….

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

thanks nanuchka and justbeautiful for your input.

I just found an interesting site when lookin up the Turismo http://www.ebags.com/picnic_time/turismo/produc… It does look like an excellent bag. Nan, I am interested in which “regular-shaped Glass Lock containers” you use.

I think i will probably go with the tribest. Maybe i’ll order it today or tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted!

thanks again!

• The brand of rectangular-shaped containers I use is Glass Lock. These are the only containers that I’ve found that are completely spill-proof. They’re great!

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Thanks Nan. I never heard of them. I did a quick google and didn’t find them. Do you have a link or a source that I can check out? I’d appreciate it.