Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Natural Hair Color

2»

Comments

• mayalingmayaling Raw Newbie

I agree about henna. I used to colored my light hair with henna and I was soft red, sometimes even like dark gold. And my hair was strong and shiny, but a little bit dry so you need to use some balm or hair conditioner. Well I used egg's mask and coconut oil. Now I color my hair with ordinary hair dye and I'm not happy about it. I want to find some eco colors, but it's hard to find colors that I like. I'm thinking..well, can I do some red ombre with henna?? Does anybody know or do something like that?

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • CreativelyccCreativelycc Raw Jr. Leader
    I have been using henna in my hair for years and it works wonderful. I order it from www.Mehandi.com  My mother was the one who introduced me to henna. She used to use it faithfully too. It is all natural and good for your hair and scalp.
    ClaireTTammiTrue
  • AmandaAmanda Raw Newbie

Hello :)

I have used henna from Light Mountain for the past couple of years and I love it!! I was really intimidated by it at first but now it's so easy that I no longer have worries over using it. I have gray hairs and the henna covers them perfectly, in fact the color of the henna covers the gray in such a way that it adds more depth to the overall color...possibly because it's white/gray hair versus my normal colored hair? I used to dye my hair all the time with temporary commercial dyes that shampoo out. Then I became worried about all the chemicals that I was not only putting so close to my scalp but also washing down the drain. Henna was an easy choice for me to consider.

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • streem26streem26 Raw Jr. Leader

mayaling said:

I agree about henna. I used to colored my light hair with henna and I was soft red, sometimes even like dark gold. And my hair was strong and shiny, but a little bit dry so you need to use some balm or hair conditioner. Well I used egg's mask and coconut oil. Now I color my hair with ordinary hair dye and I'm not happy about it. I want to find some eco colors, but it's hard to find colors that I like. I'm thinking..well, can I do some red ombre with henna?? Does anybody know or do something like that?

I did this. It took me for about 3 hours. I watched two movies when I did this.
    I made my henna paste and put a towel under my hair.
    Then I started to apply the henna paste gradually, every 30 minutes or so a little bit higher. I kept doing that until I did half of the length. Then I made some 'highlights' to my scalp.. When reaching my scalp, I only applied it on the hairs on the outside, the hairs that fall down on my side part, I didn't do all the roots. (don't know how to explain this properly)
    I only full hennaed the hair ends. I think my lazy-not-hennaing-everything makes a big difference because it creates the contrast between the darkbrown of my virgin hair color underneath and the henna auburn.

I also think the results are best if you're using henna for the 1-5th time because you don't have a henna color buildup yet. This was the second or third time I applied the henna. I think it's funny that it became more obvious after I did a full henna application some months after! (Again, not doing the hairs laying underneath!). It made the reddish tone more radiant.

I'm very happy and I think I'm going to maintain the ombre effect.

Good luck if you want to do this!

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • plumlpluml Raw Newbie
    I have researched ecocolors. They are leaping bunny certified which means even their suppliers don’t test on animals. They were certified by an outside laboratory for being nontoxic but they do say some people could still be allergic.( I’m not) I don’t see where they claim to be all natural . I just wanted a color that was nontoxic and covered my grays and it does! I love it ! My hair feels great!
    ClaireTTammiTrue
  • giuliagiulia Raw Newbie
    sweetpea said:

Raw Mama, I think it was a sight called ‘ecohamster’.

This sounds great!

When I was younger I used to color my hair very often until I decided I don't want to use all these chemicals anymore. Henna is a good option however I have problems with Henna and my grey hair somehow it's not covering it very well... 

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • susanmeyersusanmeyer Raw Newbie

Hi,

I use Henna too but I also decided to leave my hair more natural. For sure white hair is coming but this is now okay for me :)

Susan

ClaireT
  • sammiecsammiec Raw Newbie

I use Henna as natural hair colour. 

• sophiegsophieg Raw Newbie

I use henna hair mask for my natural hair.