Motivation!?!?

I guess my questions are straight forward, How does everyone stick to raw and where do you muster up enough motivation? My son is not raw and my husband wants to be, but doesn’t care if he’s 100%, so I find myself dabbling in their food! I really want to loose the remainder of the weight I have and be as healthy as I possibly can be, but I loose my focus and find myself saying “tomorrow”, well tomorrow hasn’t come and I’ve been doing this for about 2 years. How do I stay motivated with cooked food around me ALL the time?

Comments

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i’ve been close to 100% raw for about 2 months now. (i allow myself herbal teas, occasional green tea, and olives) for me , it was easy, because i was so sick, and when i started to feel better after a week, that became my motivating factor. one thing that helped me was keeping lots of books around, i read about all the awful side effects of type 1 diabetes, (which i’ve got), also several books on raw eating and juice fasting. the first few weeks, whenever i was craving something bad, i would juice carrots, and that is so filling that it curbed my cravings. now i drink alot of smoothies and that has curbed my sweet cravings. after a few weeks you’ll get your second wind, and you’ll want to keep going. good luck to you!

• I find the times I go off my raw diet is when I’m stressed, over-worked, in a hurry, or tired. I find the things that help during these times are having a lot of pre-made foods (flax crackers, cookies, treats, etc) to grab in a hurry (if I have a free day I make loads of stuff to have during busy times). Having stuff that is really satisfying will help curb cravings for what others are eating (like if someone in my house is ordering pizza, I plan on making my own raw pizza). In my household we agree to having some days completely raw. For example, we’ll say Mon, Wed, and Fri we’ll do all raw. That way I know I’m guaranteed 3 full days of no-temptation. Then even if I dabble a bit into cook foods the other days, I know that I’ll have those cooked-free days soon. Eventually the cooked foods don’t seem that appealing and feeling good is the best motivation!

• I agree with both, reading and having pre-made foods. I have countless books on raw living and I keep them all over the house. I just pick one up and start reading anywhere. But realistically when you’re hungry, you tend to want to just grab whatever. I keep tons of fruit in my kitchen in living room to grab, but when I’m feeling down I generally want fat! So, guacamole is easy, or any crackers. Sometimes I’ll even make several veggie wraps & keep them in the fridge (sans fat), if they’re there, I’ll grab one of those instead & no guilt! But, I find the easiest way for me to stay raw is to never let myself go hungry. Also, planning ahead. I bring food with me everywhere & people around me are now used to it & accept it. If I know I’ll be eating out (like today) I eat big before I go & bring food with me.

• Thank you so much for the replies! I love the idea of the crackers and cookies, pizzas etc, I just don’t have a dehydrator yet. I really appreciate getting others points of view. I know I can’t be the only one who struggles! It sure is nice to be able to come here and talk with people who can relate.

• all of the above replies were excellent. keep yourself full. read books. have snacks ready made for yourself. many great recipes in here…. having a dehydrator really helps but ive learned the further you are in your journey to rawism, the simpler your diet becomes. interesting that.

• I started on raw in june of this year but stayed at 80% then after reading and reading about raw, I started two weeks ago at 100% and love it. My sona & boyfriend eat cooked food but when I get the cravings I eat avocados, dates, figs, dried fruit, nut butter, bananas, young coconut, etc. not all at once, but those mentioned are like candy to me and I think I’m cheating!