My Mom needs a root canal! Any advice from a raw dentist?

my mom has an abscess tooth and the dentist wants to give her a root canal. We are both wondering if this is the best thing to do. Are there any alternatives to this invasive procedure?

Comments

• Just had RC this week….when there is an infection (abscess) it can get pretty bad quickly. I chose to go for the RC…you don’t want further problems. In addition, the longer you wait, the more difficult the procedure. I have experienced both and definitely prefer taking care of it asap.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Check the wisdom teeth post!

• kpsane148kpsane148 Raw Newbie

my mom has an abscess tooth and the dentist wants to give her a root canal. We are both wondering if this is the best thing to do. Are there any alternatives to this invasive procedure?

no other procedure can help.. you can hold it for sometime with medicines. but at last you have face this yukk procedure.

I had undergone this procedure twice. and it is not finish in one sitting. doctor calls you every alternate or after 2 days for sitting.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Getting it pulled is an option if you are worried about the materials in the root canal. Implants can work too. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of great alternatives. You have to pick the one that will do the least damage for you.