Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Grey Hair

CaresCares Raw Newbie

Just wondering if anyone has reversed greying hair from swapping diet & lifestyle?

I had to have a c-section with my daughter some years and within 4-5 days had developed a patch of grey in the right frontal area.

From what I've read this is due to physical or mental stress...in my case physical after surgery.

I believe it can be reversed...but how?

TammiTrue

Comments

• by drinking wheatgrass I have reversed gray hair. i read about it in one of dr. ann wigmore's books. i also got a patch of gray hair on the right side of my head after i had my tubes tied after the birth of my 3rd child.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

From what I've read, grey hair can be reversed with B12, Copper or Zinc rich foods.

• CaresCares Raw Newbie

Thanks heaps ladies...I will have a go at these things and see if it makes a difference :-)

I would love to reverse it as I have very long hair so I look like a skunk with dark hair and a white stripe.

My daughter sometimes dyes it with golden seal which actually does a really good job, but then I have a yellow stripe...it looks really trendy but I would really prefer its natural colour :-)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

nancyk70

How long did it take to reverse it? I have been on wheatgrass for a week and a half. I have a stripe in the middle on both sides.

So far I have A LOT more energy and not very hungry.

• Blue Eyes-

I noticed the gray starting to change after about 5 weeks of daily consumption of 4 ounces a day usually 2 portions of 2 ounces each. One in the morning and then again about 3 or 4 pm. I also have re grown hair in my hairline that I thought was female baldness that started after I had my children (it just came out in clumps!!)

I love taking in wheatgrass it gives me tons of energy keeps my skin smooth and glowing my eyes are also bright and no longer have the yellow blotches on the white part of the eye. I would recommend reading Dr. Ann Wigmore's book The Wheatgrass Book

• PrincessgirlPrincessgirl Raw Newbie

Grey hair -- I was wondering if there was anyway I could put a shot of wheatgrass in my smoothies and that will help with my grey hairs? What do you think?

• powerliferpowerlifer Raw Newbie

He Shou Wu is a great traditional Chinese herb which is said to be effective at preventing and reversing grey hair. It is also great for the liver, kidneys and boosting libido.

• streem26streem26 Raw Jr. Leader

I believe it can be reversed...but how?

Depends on your age. If you are below 30, then gray hair might be a sign of Vitamin B12 deficiency. I'm 28, and a year back I spotted a lot of gray hair in the mirror a day after I got a hair cut. Anyway, I did some research, and some of it pointed to Vitamin B12 deficiency. So I got my B12 levels tested and turned out to be severely deficient. I supplemented with 1000 mcg Vitamin B12 a day, and in 3 months the gray hair completely vanished!  I think that if you started graying prematurely but your health is improving, you could hope to see color return.

My mother 15-20 percent white, but it is mostly concentrated around her face . She got great coverage using henna
    Her hair is dark dark dark so her white hairs show up as red/ burgundy threads. I love the effect!

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • eleanorheleanorh Raw Newbie

Thank you for sharing about wheat grass juice will definitely try it.  

TammiTrue
  • gurpreetkgurpreetk Raw Newbie
    How much wheatgrass should I use I have the powdered wheatgrass and how much is four ounces? If you can help with that.. Thanks
    TammiTrueClaireT
  • CatherineRCatherineR Raw Superstar

Y'all are making me wheatgrass converts. I will say that I think diet (and lifestyle) has a lot to do with gray hair. My mother convinced me I'd go gray at 24 because not only is that when hers started kicking in, but she actually lost almost all of her hair from stress at that age. 

I also believed this because my oldest sibling started going gray at the same age and began dying her hair as a result: she also had poor diet, overweight, lots of deficiencies but I figured it was genetics.

My middle sib had to start dying hair at 27, maybe 28. Vegetarian but the bread and cheese type.

I'm 31 (vegan of 12 years) and surprised that I've still not had to dye mine. I have a few stray grays but they're not too noticeable enough for me to do anything about them. I've also never dyed my hair nor gotten highlights even growing up because it always struck me as too many chemicals. I did shed a bit of hair post my child's birth but it's since grown back. I'm convinced graying isn't a genetic issue handed down from parents like it's made out to be. My own family history proves that.

ClaireT
  • AntonioJoeAntonioJoe Raw Newbie

hi there 
    u can try to use anti gray hair coloring treatment like the ones  sold on amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B91MYS
    also u can return it if not satisfied with the results

• renib Deletedrenib Deleted Raw Newbie

Zinc helped me alot!